Hyderabad Police moves court for LeT bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda`s custody
New Delhi: The Hyderabad Police on Tuesday moved a Delhi court seeking custody of top Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda in connection with a case lodged against him and others in 1998 on charges of waging war against India in conspiracy with Pakistan`s ISI.
The special investigation team of Hyderabad police moved the application before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Amit Bansal, who today remanded Tunda to judicial custody till October 15 in connection with a 1997 bomb blast case lodged against him here.
Tunda was produced before the CMM on expiry of his police custody and special cell of Delhi Police told the court that he be sent to judicial custody as he was not required for further custodial interrogation.
The Hyderabad police, however, moved the plea before the court for Tunda`s custody saying that a production warrant was issued against him by a court in Nampally in Hyderabad in connection with the case lodged against him and others.
The CMM directed that the plea be placed before the court of Additional Session Judge (ASJ) Dharmesh Sharma, who today issued notice to the special cell`s investigating officer (IO) seeking his response on the Hyderabad police`s application on October 4.
"Let the notice be issued to the IO of the case before this court and to come up for consideration on the application on October 4," ASJ Sharma said.
The Hyderabad Police, in its plea, said that a case was lodged on July 2, 1998 on complaint that "ISI activities are going on in order to wage war against the government and to create unrest in India and to cause damage to internal security of India and to Hindus and their properties on a large scale."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’