Hyderabad police to question Yasin Bhatkal
Hyderabad: Hyderabad police will send a team to Bihar to question Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal who was arrested near the border with Nepal on Wednesday night, Hyderabad police chief Anurag Sharma said on Thursday.
He said Yasin and another suspected terrorist, Asadullah Akhtar, arrested along with him will be examined by the police team about their involvement in February 21 blasts at Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad that claimed 18 lives and injured scores of others.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which along with Hyderabad police is probing the blasts, will also depute a team to Bihar.
"They will be examined and if their involvement is confirmed, they will be brought to Hyderabad for further investigations," the police chief told reporters.
He pointed out that the profiles of the two suspects seen in the CCTV footage before the blasts match with Yasin and Asadullah.
The two men were seen reaching the crowded area on bicycles to plant the explosives.
The NIA had announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for any information leading to the arrest of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa