Hyderabad riots: 272 arrested, 170 cases registered
Hyderabad: City Police have arrested 272
people and registered 170 cases in connection with the recent
communal clashes in Old City here that claimed three lives and
injured over 90 others, a senior police officer said today.
"So far 272 persons have been arrested and 170 cases
registered over the communal attacks. Charges under communal
riot will be registered against the prime accused who
conspired the riots," Additional Commissioner of Police
(Crimes) K Narasimha Reddy told reporters here this evening.
"We are thoroughly investigating the matter to know
the exact reasons that led to communal unrest. Strict action
as per law will be initiated against all those involved," he
said adding the investigations into the riots were likely to
be completed in another 15 days.
Three persons were killed and over 90 others injured
after clashes broke out between members of two communities
over erection of religious flags on March 27, ahead of Hanuman
Jayanthi celebrations, prompting police to impose indefinite
curfew in 25 police stations from March 29.
Meanwhile, the situation after lifting of curfew in
Old City was normal even as prohibitory orders under section
144 CrPC (banning assembly of five or more persons, every kind
of procession, dharna, rally or public meetings) began this
morning which shall be in force till 0600 hrs on April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened