Hyderabad riots: 272 arrested, 170 cases registered
Hyderabad: City Police have arrested 272
people and registered 170 cases in connection with the recent
communal clashes in Old City here that claimed three lives and
injured over 90 others, a senior police officer said today.
"So far 272 persons have been arrested and 170 cases
registered over the communal attacks. Charges under communal
riot will be registered against the prime accused who
conspired the riots," Additional Commissioner of Police
(Crimes) K Narasimha Reddy told reporters here this evening.
"We are thoroughly investigating the matter to know
the exact reasons that led to communal unrest. Strict action
as per law will be initiated against all those involved," he
said adding the investigations into the riots were likely to
be completed in another 15 days.
Three persons were killed and over 90 others injured
after clashes broke out between members of two communities
over erection of religious flags on March 27, ahead of Hanuman
Jayanthi celebrations, prompting police to impose indefinite
curfew in 25 police stations from March 29.
Meanwhile, the situation after lifting of curfew in
Old City was normal even as prohibitory orders under section
144 CrPC (banning assembly of five or more persons, every kind
of procession, dharna, rally or public meetings) began this
morning which shall be in force till 0600 hrs on April 17.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!