I am being forced to tell things: Aseemanand
Panchkula (Haryana): Hindu right-wing
activist Swami Aseemanand, an accused in the Samjhauta train blast case in Monday claimed "pressure" from investigating
agencies to make "false statements".
"It is such a big case which is connected to Pakistan.
They (authorities here) want to run the case on the basis of
false statements made under pressure. It poses a question mark
on our system," he told reporters here after a hearing.
"I am being forced to tell things," he said.
The matter is being investigated by the National
Investigation Agency (NIA) which has on June 20, filed a
charge sheet against Aseemanand and four others -- Lokesh
Sharma, Sandeep Dange and Ramchandra Kalasangra and Sunil
Joshi, who is now dead.
Sixty-eight people, mostly Pakistanis were killed in
the Samjhauta Express blast at Panipat`s Diwana village, about
80 km from Delhi in February 2007.
Aseemanand is accused in 2007 Ajmer Dargah blast, which
claimed three lives and left 15 others injured. Besides, the
investigating agency has claimed his role in blasts in
Hyderabad`s Mecca Masjid and Malegaon.
The self-styled seer was arrested by the CBI last year
from Haridwar in Uttarakhand for his alleged role in the Mecca
Masjid blast case.
In his confession that was recorded before the magistrate
few months ago, Aseemanand had alleged that a right-wing group
was responsible for the 2006 blasts in Malegaon, which killed
37 people and injured over 100.
The case will now be heard on January 10.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know