I am being made a scapegoat by ED: Hasan Ali
Mumbai: Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali
Khan on Wednesday told the Bombay High Court that he has been made a
`scapegoat` by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to "cover up
"Hasan was available for questioning from 2002, when
an enquiry was initiated against him but nothing was done. On
March 4, the Supreme Court raised the issue of black money and
sought an action taken report from the Enforcement
Directorate. To cover up their inaction, the agency on March 7
arrested Hasan," his counsel I A Bagaria argued.
Justice A M Thipsay was hearing the bail application
filed by Hasan, facing charges of multi-crore money laundering
and tax evasion.
Alleging mala fide intentions on part of ED, Bagaria
said, "The agency is trying to pressurise the lower courts by
stating that the Supreme Court is supervising the probe."
The arguments will continue tomorrow.
The ED in its affidavit had opposed the bail plea
stating that Hasan had links with international arms dealer,
Adnan Khashoggi, and investigations have revealed a conspiracy
to commit offences against the security and safety of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!