I am being victimised by the CBI: Buta Singh
New Delhi: Embroiled in a controversy over the Rs 1 crore bribery scam involving his son, former Union minister Buta Singh on Sunday claimed that he was being victimised by the CBI.
Addressing a press conference in New Delhi, Buta Singh, the chairman of National Commission for SC/ST, charged the CBI of corroborating with the accused and said that the investigating agency was using Ramarao Patil and Anup Begi to target his son. Patil is a Nasik-based contractor who was allegedly asked for bribe by Buta’s son Sarabjot Singh to close a case in the Commission while Begi is the middleman in the entire scam.
Buta also criticised the CBI for not performing its duty properly and ridiculed its claim that he met with the accused, saying he was travelling when the investigating agency claimed that “I spoke to them (accused).”
Embroiled in a controversy over the Rs 1 crore bribery scam involving his son, former Union minister Buta Singh on Sunday claimed that he was being victimised by the CBI.
He informed that he has apprised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of the situation in a telephonic conversation and will soon present facts to the latter and meet him after getting an appointment.
Amidst indications that he might be questioned by CBI soon, an unfazed Buta Singh said, “I am ready to be questioned by the CBI if proper procedure is followed.”
He said he had “informed the police of this political conspiracy against me but no action was taken.” Elaborating on the issue he said that when it came to his notice that some people were approaching his children he wrote to the Police Commissioner “but instead of acting on my complaint he acted on the complaint of the accused (Patil)”.
Alleging politics behind the issue, the former Union minister said that it is a conspiracy by a political party. He, however, refused to disclose the name saying that he will disclose it at an appropriate time.
On Saturday, the CBI had said that Buta Singh may be questioned in connection with the case. "If necessary, we will. No decision has been taken on it yet. We will go by the law," CBI director Ashwani Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs