I am being victimised by the CBI: Buta Singh
New Delhi: Embroiled in a controversy over the Rs 1 crore bribery scam involving his son, former Union minister Buta Singh on Sunday claimed that he was being victimised by the CBI.
Addressing a press conference in New Delhi, Buta Singh, the chairman of National Commission for SC/ST, charged the CBI of corroborating with the accused and said that the investigating agency was using Ramarao Patil and Anup Begi to target his son. Patil is a Nasik-based contractor who was allegedly asked for bribe by Buta’s son Sarabjot Singh to close a case in the Commission while Begi is the middleman in the entire scam.
Buta also criticised the CBI for not performing its duty properly and ridiculed its claim that he met with the accused, saying he was travelling when the investigating agency claimed that “I spoke to them (accused).”
Embroiled in a controversy over the Rs 1 crore bribery scam involving his son, former Union minister Buta Singh on Sunday claimed that he was being victimised by the CBI.
He informed that he has apprised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of the situation in a telephonic conversation and will soon present facts to the latter and meet him after getting an appointment.
Amidst indications that he might be questioned by CBI soon, an unfazed Buta Singh said, “I am ready to be questioned by the CBI if proper procedure is followed.”
He said he had “informed the police of this political conspiracy against me but no action was taken.” Elaborating on the issue he said that when it came to his notice that some people were approaching his children he wrote to the Police Commissioner “but instead of acting on my complaint he acted on the complaint of the accused (Patil)”.
Alleging politics behind the issue, the former Union minister said that it is a conspiracy by a political party. He, however, refused to disclose the name saying that he will disclose it at an appropriate time.
On Saturday, the CBI had said that Buta Singh may be questioned in connection with the case. "If necessary, we will. No decision has been taken on it yet. We will go by the law," CBI director Ashwani Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried