I am indifferent, no one can take my seat from RS: Jethmalani
New Delhi: A day after his suspension from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), veteran lawyer and Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha), Ram Jethmalani on Monday said that the party decision will neither affect his stand nor his seat in the Rajya Sabha.
Reacting to the BJP stand to suspend him with ‘immediate effect’ Jethmalani said, “I am totally indifferent, whatever they do, doesn’t bother me in the list. Nobody can take away my seat from Parliament.”
Earlier today, Jethmalani reiterated his stand against BJP president Nitin Gadkari and said that he will again urge the BJP leaders to stand united against Gadkari.
“I am 100 per cent sure that there are many more, many more but all don`t have the capacity to speak the truth publicly and openly,” said Jethmalani.
Jethmalani was suspended from the BJP on Sunday evening soon after his statement daring the party that nobody had the courage to take action against him.
He had embarrassed his party on several occasions in the recent past, be it his open criticism against the party stand to oppose the appointment of new CBI director, asking Gadkari to step down as party president over corruption charges or controversial remarks about Hindu Lord Ram.
Meanwhile, the BJP’s top leadership is about to meet today to discuss growing rebellion within the party. The decision to formally expel the 86-year-old lawyer is likely to be taken in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh