I am indifferent, no one can take my seat from RS: Jethmalani
New Delhi: A day after his suspension from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), veteran lawyer and Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha), Ram Jethmalani on Monday said that the party decision will neither affect his stand nor his seat in the Rajya Sabha.
Reacting to the BJP stand to suspend him with ‘immediate effect’ Jethmalani said, “I am totally indifferent, whatever they do, doesn’t bother me in the list. Nobody can take away my seat from Parliament.”
Earlier today, Jethmalani reiterated his stand against BJP president Nitin Gadkari and said that he will again urge the BJP leaders to stand united against Gadkari.
“I am 100 per cent sure that there are many more, many more but all don`t have the capacity to speak the truth publicly and openly,” said Jethmalani.
Jethmalani was suspended from the BJP on Sunday evening soon after his statement daring the party that nobody had the courage to take action against him.
He had embarrassed his party on several occasions in the recent past, be it his open criticism against the party stand to oppose the appointment of new CBI director, asking Gadkari to step down as party president over corruption charges or controversial remarks about Hindu Lord Ram.
Meanwhile, the BJP’s top leadership is about to meet today to discuss growing rebellion within the party. The decision to formally expel the 86-year-old lawyer is likely to be taken in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured