I am not imitating Rahul: Varun Gandhi
Lucknow: BJP national secretary and MP
Varun Gandhi, who is planning to set on a three day tour of
flood affected areas of Uttar Pradesh, Wednesday said he is not
imitating cousin and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, as there is
a "generation" gap between the two.
"All those who are travelling the country are all
learning...Rahul ji is 10 years older to me...I don`t consider
him to be of my generation," Varun, who arrived here for a
visit to flood affected areas in adjacent Hardoi district,
told reporters responding to a question.
Varun said that party leaders and workers should follow
grassroot politics and win confidence of each and every
section of the society and said that instead of being
election-centric, politics should be poor-centric.
"I am of the view that politics should not be election
centric, instead it should be poor centric," he said.
Varun alleged that although nearly one crore people live
in the peripheral areas of rivers in Uttar Pradesh, effective
schemes had been not chalked out to check floods.
"I plan to tour different flood affected areas for two
three days and interact with people," he said.
"Through interaction we should make people realise
that we are standing with them during high and lows of their
lives," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister