I am not imitating Rahul: Varun Gandhi
Lucknow: BJP national secretary and MP
Varun Gandhi, who is planning to set on a three day tour of
flood affected areas of Uttar Pradesh, Wednesday said he is not
imitating cousin and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, as there is
a "generation" gap between the two.
"All those who are travelling the country are all
learning...Rahul ji is 10 years older to me...I don`t consider
him to be of my generation," Varun, who arrived here for a
visit to flood affected areas in adjacent Hardoi district,
told reporters responding to a question.
Varun said that party leaders and workers should follow
grassroot politics and win confidence of each and every
section of the society and said that instead of being
election-centric, politics should be poor-centric.
"I am of the view that politics should not be election
centric, instead it should be poor centric," he said.
Varun alleged that although nearly one crore people live
in the peripheral areas of rivers in Uttar Pradesh, effective
schemes had been not chalked out to check floods.
"I plan to tour different flood affected areas for two
three days and interact with people," he said.
"Through interaction we should make people realise
that we are standing with them during high and lows of their
lives," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India