I am not in the PM race: Naidu
Bhopal: Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu clarified here Thursday that he was not in the race for the Prime Ministerial post.
"Yesterday I was in Panjim where at a press conference I said that there were many leaders in the BJP who were capable of becoming Prime Minister," Naidu told reporters.
Naidu said that at the press conference he had stated that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was already a national leader who had the capabilities to become the PM.
"I have said it many times, that I am not in the race for prime-ministership," he reiterated responding to questions on a section of media reporting that he too was in the PM run.
He however said that the BJP had not taken any decision on the issue of the Prime Ministerial candidate till now and added that a final word on the matter would be taken at an appropriate time ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
The senior BJP leader said that he, LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley had all at some time of the other said that Modi had in him, all the qualities for the top post.
Naidu said that unlike Congress, which was a "family concern", the BJP was a democratic party where all decisions were taken after consultations among its leaders.
He said that the matter of the NDA`s Prime Ministerial candidate would also be discussed first within the BJP leaders and then with its allies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp