I am with everyone who wants to work for nation: VK Singh
Panaji: Former Chief of Army Staff General (Retd) VK Singh on Wednesday emphasized that the general public of the country has to unitedly raise a movement, and said that he was with everyone working in the national interest.
"I am not with an individual. I am with all those who want to work in the national interest. Be it anybody, whether Annaji or anybody else. I am with everyone who wants to work for the nation," he told mediapersons here.
General (Retd) VK Singh had earlier this month said that RTI crusader Arvind Kejriwal`s entry into politics has not weakened the anti-graft movement launched by Anna Hazare.
Singh said although Hazare`s lost of key associates, the movement working outside the electoral system and chart parallel courses towards a common goal would carry on.
"After parting ways with Arvind Kejriwal, it is possible that Anna Hazare will have to reinforce his organisation, but my personal belief is that as long as both movements keep their main objectives and momentum in sight, they are on the right track," he added.
Hazare has, however, denied reports of split with his team members, and said their path may be different, but their destination is the same, which is a corruption free country.
"There is no rift between us. We may have taken different paths but our destination is the same, a corruption free India. We want to create a corruption free India. He (Arvind Kejriwal) also has the same ambition through politics and we also have the same ambition through movement. So, why should we fight?" he told mediapersons in New Delhi earlier last month.
Kejriwal`s party, which will be named on November 26, will not allow its elected representatives to use government accommodation, security, or the red beacons that guarantee right of way for vehicles used by Members of Parliament.
When asked whether he would contest the 2014 Lok Sabha polls if given an opportunity, General (Retd) Singh said that he has not given it a thought yet.
"I am just on a mission to create awareness," he added.
General (Retd) Singh had earlier in August said that he was ready to venture into politics if it is in the interest of the nation, and added that this did not mean that he had already made his foray into politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday