I and Modi share the same dream: Shashi Tharoor
Indore: Congress leader and Union Minister Shashi Tharoor on Friday took potshots at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over his statement that he never dreamt of becoming the Prime Minister.
"It`s also my dream that Modi should never become Prime Minister. In a sense, my dream and his dream are the same," he remarked during an informal chat with reporters here.
The Lok Sabha MP from Kerala was asked to comment on the BJP stalwart`s statement that he does not dream of occupying the top post and would respect the people`s mandate for serving Gujarat till 2017.
Tharoor said the Madhya Pradesh government should speed up the process of allotting permanent site for the Indian Institute of Technology, Indore.
The Minister of State for Human Resource Development was at Mhow near here to attend a function at the IIT, which currently operates out of a temporary premises.
Earlier, the UN diplomat-turned-politician inaugurated the first radio telescope prepared by IIT, Indore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief