I and Modi share the same dream: Shashi Tharoor
Indore: Congress leader and Union Minister Shashi Tharoor on Friday took potshots at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over his statement that he never dreamt of becoming the Prime Minister.
"It`s also my dream that Modi should never become Prime Minister. In a sense, my dream and his dream are the same," he remarked during an informal chat with reporters here.
The Lok Sabha MP from Kerala was asked to comment on the BJP stalwart`s statement that he does not dream of occupying the top post and would respect the people`s mandate for serving Gujarat till 2017.
Tharoor said the Madhya Pradesh government should speed up the process of allotting permanent site for the Indian Institute of Technology, Indore.
The Minister of State for Human Resource Development was at Mhow near here to attend a function at the IIT, which currently operates out of a temporary premises.
Earlier, the UN diplomat-turned-politician inaugurated the first radio telescope prepared by IIT, Indore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill