I-card for disabled persons for train ticket concession
New Delhi: Railways will issue photo identity cards to physically-challenged persons to enable them to avail concessions in train tickets in a hassle-free manner.
The photo I-card can be used to book concessional tickets through both ticket counters as well as through the Internet.
The card with a unique ID number will have to be carried during journey and produced for onboard verification, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
Till now, a physically challenged person used to fill the concession form and produce all relevant documents at the ticket reservation counter to avail the concession in train tickets.
There were complaints from differently-abled persons as well as from social activists who were demanding a hassle-free system.
As per the new system, phyisically-challenged persons will have to approach the nearest Divisional Railway Manager office along with all the relevant documents in original claiming concession and passport size photograph for issuing photo identity card.
The differently-abled is also required to provide a mobile number for communication while applying for the card, the official said.
After due verification by the concerned zonal railways, a photo identity card will be printed containing a unique ID. An automated SMS will be sent to the passenger on given mobile number to collect the card showing the original concession certificate.
"After getting the card, the person is not required to fill any concessional form to avail the facility at the counter. Even tickets can be booked on the Internet using the ID number written on the card," he said.
The validity of the card will be for five years or the last date up to which concession certificate is valid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical