I condemn attack on Prashant Bhushan: Anna
New Delhi: Prominent social activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday strongly condemned the dastardly attack on team member and senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan in the Supreme Court premises.
Talking to the media persons, Anna said, “I strongly condemn this attack. No one has the right to take law in their hands.”
He further said, “I have heard a young man had attacked Prashant. This is very disheartening. We have a lot of expectations from the youth. Taking law in their hands and attacking somebody is not right.”
Replying to a query regarding the motive behind the attack, Anna said, “I don’t know the reason why he was attacked. I will talk to Prashant and ask him the reason. I have tried contacting Arvind (Kejriwal) also but he is not reachable. Once I will talk to them then only we can decide the future course of action.”
When asked to comment on Prashant Bushan’s remarks over referendum in Jammu & Kashmir, Anna said, “I don’t know about the remarks yet. I will have to ask Prashant.”
“It is not possible to carry security everywhere. Also, the killings of Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi have shown that security cover is not enough if someone is ought to attack you. But after today’s incident, I feel the team members do need some security cover,” Anna replied to a question regarding the security of Team Anna members.
It should be noted that Prashant Bhushan was beaten up by three men in his chamber inside the Supreme Court.
The men claimed they attacked Bhushan for his recent comments on Kashmir. Bhushan had said about two weeks ago in Varanasi that a referendum was possible in J&K.
The assailants, who claimed to have links with right-wing group Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena, threw away pamphlets claiming the responsibility of the attacks. They also posted a status on their Facebook account claiming the responsibility of attacking Prashant Bhushan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes