I condemn attack on Prashant Bhushan: Anna
New Delhi: Prominent social activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday strongly condemned the dastardly attack on team member and senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan in the Supreme Court premises.
Talking to the media persons, Anna said, “I strongly condemn this attack. No one has the right to take law in their hands.”
He further said, “I have heard a young man had attacked Prashant. This is very disheartening. We have a lot of expectations from the youth. Taking law in their hands and attacking somebody is not right.”
Replying to a query regarding the motive behind the attack, Anna said, “I don’t know the reason why he was attacked. I will talk to Prashant and ask him the reason. I have tried contacting Arvind (Kejriwal) also but he is not reachable. Once I will talk to them then only we can decide the future course of action.”
When asked to comment on Prashant Bushan’s remarks over referendum in Jammu & Kashmir, Anna said, “I don’t know about the remarks yet. I will have to ask Prashant.”
“It is not possible to carry security everywhere. Also, the killings of Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi have shown that security cover is not enough if someone is ought to attack you. But after today’s incident, I feel the team members do need some security cover,” Anna replied to a question regarding the security of Team Anna members.
It should be noted that Prashant Bhushan was beaten up by three men in his chamber inside the Supreme Court.
The men claimed they attacked Bhushan for his recent comments on Kashmir. Bhushan had said about two weeks ago in Varanasi that a referendum was possible in J&K.
The assailants, who claimed to have links with right-wing group Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena, threw away pamphlets claiming the responsibility of the attacks. They also posted a status on their Facebook account claiming the responsibility of attacking Prashant Bhushan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know