I condemn attack on Prashant Bhushan: Anna
New Delhi: Prominent social activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday strongly condemned the dastardly attack on team member and senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan in the Supreme Court premises.
Talking to the media persons, Anna said, “I strongly condemn this attack. No one has the right to take law in their hands.”
He further said, “I have heard a young man had attacked Prashant. This is very disheartening. We have a lot of expectations from the youth. Taking law in their hands and attacking somebody is not right.”
Replying to a query regarding the motive behind the attack, Anna said, “I don’t know the reason why he was attacked. I will talk to Prashant and ask him the reason. I have tried contacting Arvind (Kejriwal) also but he is not reachable. Once I will talk to them then only we can decide the future course of action.”
When asked to comment on Prashant Bushan’s remarks over referendum in Jammu & Kashmir, Anna said, “I don’t know about the remarks yet. I will have to ask Prashant.”
“It is not possible to carry security everywhere. Also, the killings of Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi have shown that security cover is not enough if someone is ought to attack you. But after today’s incident, I feel the team members do need some security cover,” Anna replied to a question regarding the security of Team Anna members.
It should be noted that Prashant Bhushan was beaten up by three men in his chamber inside the Supreme Court.
The men claimed they attacked Bhushan for his recent comments on Kashmir. Bhushan had said about two weeks ago in Varanasi that a referendum was possible in J&K.
The assailants, who claimed to have links with right-wing group Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena, threw away pamphlets claiming the responsibility of the attacks. They also posted a status on their Facebook account claiming the responsibility of attacking Prashant Bhushan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why