I do not agree with Advani`s `prediction`: Sharad
New Delhi: JD-U president and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav today said BJP leader L K Advani`s contention that after the next elections there may be a non-BJP, non- Congress Prime Minister is based on "prediction" and he does not agree with it.
"L K Advani is the NDA working chairperson. But he has predicted and I do not go by prediction. UPA will go (after the elections) and NDA will put up a fight," Yadav told reporters here.
Advani had said on his blog yesterday that a non- Congress, non-BJP Prime Minister supported by either of the two parties is "feasible" after the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"Advani is an elder statesman and so many a times he rises above party lines while making comments. But I am not in agreement with his prediction," Yadav said.
The senior BJP leader`s blog has come against the backdrop of Bihar Chief Minister and NDA leader Nitish Kumar seeking an assurance from the BJP that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will not be NDA`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
The remarks of Advani, who is said to be not sharing the rapport which he once had with Modi, have been interpreted by observers whether it was intended against the Gujarat Chief Minister as Prime Ministerial candidate and his unhappiness with the state of affairs in the party.
Advani has ruled out formation of a government headed by the Third Front but said that a non- Congress, non-BJP Prime Minister heading a government supported by one of these two parties is possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam