I don`t go to temple, nor perform puja: Gadkari
Panaji: Nitin Gadkari, president of BJP, on Friday said that though he believes in Hindutva, he does not go to temple, or even perform a puja.
"I don`t go the temple. I don`t perform puja," Gadkari said during an interaction at `Goa Think Fest 2011` here.
BJP president, however, defended his party`s politics of Hindutva. "Hinduism is a way of life. It is not about a religion," he said, adding that "political Hindutva is a
"We are a nationalist party. We have a lot of socio-economic thinking in our party," Gadkari said.
Contending that media had projected a wrong image of BJP vis-a-vis Hindutva, Gadkari said the reality was different. "Media keeps on labeling us. May be, we have not been able to reply to their allegations properly."
Swearing by his humble beginning in the politics, he said that he did not aspire to become the prime minister or even a chief minister.
To a question, he said he would not mind visiting Pakistan, if invited. "I hope for progress and development of Pakistan," he said, adding that if neighbouring countries like Bangladesh prospered, it would benefit India.
"I had once jokingly said to a friend that if Bangladesh prospers, at least all those Bangladeshis staying illegally here will go back."
Think Fest 2011, a three-day conclave, began in Goa today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?