I fully cooperated with the CBI, says Raja
Chennai: Former Telecom Minister A Raja, who is likely to be quizzed again by the CBI as part of its probe into the 2G spectrum allocation scam, today said he had "fully cooperated" with the probe agency during his two-day questioning in New Delhi last week.
"I have fully cooperated with the CBI," he told reporters here on his arrival at the airport here from Delhi, two days after the agency grilled him.
The 47-year-old DMK leader declined to divulge any details about his questioning.
Raja had appeared before the CBI in response to a Dec 20 notice summoning him, days after his residences in New Delhi and in Tamil Nadu were searched by the agency.
On Dec 24, he was questioned for nine hours on the controversial advancing of dates for allocation of spectrum and alleged funding of some of the telecom companies by his kin. The next day, CBI sleuths also focused on the tapped conversation of Raja with corporate lobbyist Niira Radia.
Sources have said that Raja is likely to be quizzed again as he failed to give satisfactory answers to queries on the advancement of dates and the funding of some of the telecom companies.
Raja was forced to resign on November 14 from the union Cabinet in the wake of a CAG report which held that the spectrum allocation at undervalued prices resulted in a notional loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore to the exchequer.
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today
- Court order shuts down WhatsApp in Brazil, again