I have Anna`s best wishes, says Kejriwal
New Delhi: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal said he will start working immediately after taking oath as Delhi`s chief minister Saturday, adding that he had Gandhian activist Anna Hazare`s "best wishes".
Kejriwal told the media that he would go to the Delhi government`s secretariat shortly after being sworn in at the sprawling Ramlila Maidan here.
He also told the media outside his residence at Kaushambi township near Delhi that he had received a message of greetings from Hazare, who Kejriwal regards as his guru.
Kejriwal said Hazare, who is based in Maharashtra, had extended his "best wishes" to the new Aam Aadmi Party government.
But Hazare, who had been invited to attend the ceremony, expressed his inability to do so due to ill health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police