I have forgiven Manish Tewari: Anna Hazare
Ahmednagar: Anna Hazare said he has "forgiven" Manish Tewari, hours after his lawyer sent a
legal notice to the Congress spokesman seeking a written apology for calling the Gandhian corrupt.
Hazare said though his Pune-based lawyer Milind Pawar has issued a legal notice to Tewari, he himself has "forgiven" the Congress MP for his public outburst on the eve of the August 16 fast in Delhi for a strong Lokpal Bill.
The lawyer should also forgive Tewari even if the latter is not willing to tender a written apology for his comments, the 74-year-old social activist said at a press conference at his native village Ralegan Siddhi, about 50km from here.
Pawar is not only a lawyer but also a spirited volunteer who is fighting his legal battles free of cost, the Armyman-turned-activist stated.
Earlier in the day, Pawar told agency he sent the notice by email and registered post to Tewari. Late last month, Pawar had said a defamation case would be filed against the Lok Sabha MP in a Pune court for allegedly casting aspersions on Hazare.
On August 14, Tewari, citing the Sawant Commission report, had accused Hazare of being "steeped in corruption from head to toe".
Facing public criticism for attacking the Gandhian, the Congress leader expressed regret.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog