I have never sought any position in BJP: Shatrughan Sinha
New Delhi: Actor-turned politician
Shatrughan Sinha has said he voiced his reservations over the
selection of the new BJP team because he wanted the welfare of
the party and not because he was hankering for any post.
"I never asked, never got and never sought any
position for me. As far as who got what, I can say I have got
my `Kad` (height), which sometimes becomes a matter of concern
for others," the 6-feet-2-inch tall BJP leader said, evading a
He was asked why he was cold shouldered by the BJP
leadership in the new team of party office-bearers announced
by party chief Nitin Gadkari on March 18.
Sinha was in the city last night to promote his son`s
debut film `Sadiyaan`, which stars Rekha, Rishi Kapoor and
Hema Malini in the lead.
Incidentally, Hema Malini, who joined BJP after Sinha,
is very much part of the new Gadkari team.
The BJP MP from Patna Sahib in Bihar had created a
stir by saying that deserving candidates were ignored by the
new BJP chief and had dubbed Gadkari`s team as "new wine in
Sinha, however, sought to put a lid on the
controversy, saying "I don`t think I have crossed any `Laxman
Rekha` (border line) by voicing my concerns, which I think are
for the betterment of the party."
Asked to react to his statement about a vacuum in the
party after Atal Bihari Vajpayee quit active politics on
health grounds, Sinha said the former prime minister`s presence
had been like a "golden ray" and his absence has weakened the
"Atalji has been one of the tallest leaders of our
country. He has been like a golden ray and his absence has
weakened the political progress of BJP.
"We say new people should come but there is no
substitute for experience. We also need guidance from our
elder leaders. And that`s what we are lacking. We have not
been able to get Atalji`s guidance because of his poor health
and some other reasons," Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues