I have never sought any position in BJP: Shatrughan Sinha
New Delhi: Actor-turned politician
Shatrughan Sinha has said he voiced his reservations over the
selection of the new BJP team because he wanted the welfare of
the party and not because he was hankering for any post.
"I never asked, never got and never sought any
position for me. As far as who got what, I can say I have got
my `Kad` (height), which sometimes becomes a matter of concern
for others," the 6-feet-2-inch tall BJP leader said, evading a
He was asked why he was cold shouldered by the BJP
leadership in the new team of party office-bearers announced
by party chief Nitin Gadkari on March 18.
Sinha was in the city last night to promote his son`s
debut film `Sadiyaan`, which stars Rekha, Rishi Kapoor and
Hema Malini in the lead.
Incidentally, Hema Malini, who joined BJP after Sinha,
is very much part of the new Gadkari team.
The BJP MP from Patna Sahib in Bihar had created a
stir by saying that deserving candidates were ignored by the
new BJP chief and had dubbed Gadkari`s team as "new wine in
Sinha, however, sought to put a lid on the
controversy, saying "I don`t think I have crossed any `Laxman
Rekha` (border line) by voicing my concerns, which I think are
for the betterment of the party."
Asked to react to his statement about a vacuum in the
party after Atal Bihari Vajpayee quit active politics on
health grounds, Sinha said the former prime minister`s presence
had been like a "golden ray" and his absence has weakened the
"Atalji has been one of the tallest leaders of our
country. He has been like a golden ray and his absence has
weakened the political progress of BJP.
"We say new people should come but there is no
substitute for experience. We also need guidance from our
elder leaders. And that`s what we are lacking. We have not
been able to get Atalji`s guidance because of his poor health
and some other reasons," Sinha said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan