I have never sought any position in BJP: Shatrughan Sinha
New Delhi: Actor-turned politician
Shatrughan Sinha has said he voiced his reservations over the
selection of the new BJP team because he wanted the welfare of
the party and not because he was hankering for any post.
"I never asked, never got and never sought any
position for me. As far as who got what, I can say I have got
my `Kad` (height), which sometimes becomes a matter of concern
for others," the 6-feet-2-inch tall BJP leader said, evading a
He was asked why he was cold shouldered by the BJP
leadership in the new team of party office-bearers announced
by party chief Nitin Gadkari on March 18.
Sinha was in the city last night to promote his son`s
debut film `Sadiyaan`, which stars Rekha, Rishi Kapoor and
Hema Malini in the lead.
Incidentally, Hema Malini, who joined BJP after Sinha,
is very much part of the new Gadkari team.
The BJP MP from Patna Sahib in Bihar had created a
stir by saying that deserving candidates were ignored by the
new BJP chief and had dubbed Gadkari`s team as "new wine in
Sinha, however, sought to put a lid on the
controversy, saying "I don`t think I have crossed any `Laxman
Rekha` (border line) by voicing my concerns, which I think are
for the betterment of the party."
Asked to react to his statement about a vacuum in the
party after Atal Bihari Vajpayee quit active politics on
health grounds, Sinha said the former prime minister`s presence
had been like a "golden ray" and his absence has weakened the
"Atalji has been one of the tallest leaders of our
country. He has been like a golden ray and his absence has
weakened the political progress of BJP.
"We say new people should come but there is no
substitute for experience. We also need guidance from our
elder leaders. And that`s what we are lacking. We have not
been able to get Atalji`s guidance because of his poor health
and some other reasons," Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor
- Sidharth Malhotra chills like a boss! See pic
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile