I have no faith in PM: Anna Hazare
Ratnagiri: Expressing disappointment over the Centre not doing enough to eradicate corruption, anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare has said he has lost his faith in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"I had a strong belief in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, but now I do not have faith in him," Hazare said during a visit here.
"We have to select persons having good character and send them to Parliament, then only the expected change will take place," he added.
During the last 65 years, not a single law of public interest was passed in Lok Sabha or state Assemblies by the "members elected by public", he lamented.
"Most of them are involved in corruption and taking undue advantage of lack of public information," the social activist said.
He alleged that most of the public funds were used by leaders and government officials for corrupt activities and that only 10 percent was used for developmental schemes.
"In this situation, how can we expect national development?" he asked.
Hazare has been on a tour of Maharashtra to campaign for a strong Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview