I have no faith in PM: Anna Hazare
Ratnagiri: Expressing disappointment over the Centre not doing enough to eradicate corruption, anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare has said he has lost his faith in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"I had a strong belief in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, but now I do not have faith in him," Hazare said during a visit here.
"We have to select persons having good character and send them to Parliament, then only the expected change will take place," he added.
During the last 65 years, not a single law of public interest was passed in Lok Sabha or state Assemblies by the "members elected by public", he lamented.
"Most of them are involved in corruption and taking undue advantage of lack of public information," the social activist said.
He alleged that most of the public funds were used by leaders and government officials for corrupt activities and that only 10 percent was used for developmental schemes.
"In this situation, how can we expect national development?" he asked.
Hazare has been on a tour of Maharashtra to campaign for a strong Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi