I have social agenda, no political motive: Ramdev
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev said his movement against the twin issues of corruption and black money has no political motive, rather it has a social agenda.
Ramdev was speaking to Swati Chaturvedi of Zeenews.com on her chat show Kahiye Janab.
“My movement against corruption and black money has no political motive. It has a social and democratic agenda”, he said.
“My target is not any politician in particular. I only want the country to to prosper and be free from the evil of corruption”
Ramdev said he is ready to share the dias with political leaders including Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi in his fight against corruption.
The yoga guru asked the government to demonstrate “political honesty” by bringing back black money stashed in tax havens.
He said the movement will definitely move in a new direction with youths joining in.
In a message to political parties, Ramdev said, “Every party should efficiently fulfill their political and constitutional responsibilities. They should instil faith among the countrymen.”
On Anna movement, the yoga guru said, “I will always stand by Anna Hazare. But I won’t get involved in Team Anna’s political intentions.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers