I have social agenda, no political motive: Ramdev
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev said his movement against the twin issues of corruption and black money has no political motive, rather it has a social agenda.
Ramdev was speaking to Swati Chaturvedi of Zeenews.com on her chat show Kahiye Janab.
“My movement against corruption and black money has no political motive. It has a social and democratic agenda”, he said.
“My target is not any politician in particular. I only want the country to to prosper and be free from the evil of corruption”
Ramdev said he is ready to share the dias with political leaders including Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi in his fight against corruption.
The yoga guru asked the government to demonstrate “political honesty” by bringing back black money stashed in tax havens.
He said the movement will definitely move in a new direction with youths joining in.
In a message to political parties, Ramdev said, “Every party should efficiently fulfill their political and constitutional responsibilities. They should instil faith among the countrymen.”
On Anna movement, the yoga guru said, “I will always stand by Anna Hazare. But I won’t get involved in Team Anna’s political intentions.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India