I just want blessings of my fans: Lata Mangeshkar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Singing legend Lata Mangeshkar turned 84 on September 28. In an exclusive interview to Zee News on Friday the legendary singer said that God had given her a lot and all that she wished for now was the love and blessings of her fans.
Talking to Zee News editor, Sudhir Chaudhary, Lata said, "I thank my fans for their love and blessings." She also thanked Zee News for wishing her on her birthday.
However, she added that she never liked celebrating her birthday and all she did on the day was to spend some time with relatives, either at their place or her place. "I just like being at home," Lata said.
When asked as to what gift she would like on her birthday, Lata said, "I don`t want anything as gift. God has given me a lot. My fans have given me so much love. They have liked my songs. I just want their blessings.
Lata also reminded everyone that she had been working in the film industry for the past 71 years. "People still like my songs. What else do I want," she reiterated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried