I just want blessings of my fans: Lata Mangeshkar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Singing legend Lata Mangeshkar turned 84 on September 28. In an exclusive interview to Zee News on Friday the legendary singer said that God had given her a lot and all that she wished for now was the love and blessings of her fans.
Talking to Zee News editor, Sudhir Chaudhary, Lata said, "I thank my fans for their love and blessings." She also thanked Zee News for wishing her on her birthday.
However, she added that she never liked celebrating her birthday and all she did on the day was to spend some time with relatives, either at their place or her place. "I just like being at home," Lata said.
When asked as to what gift she would like on her birthday, Lata said, "I don`t want anything as gift. God has given me a lot. My fans have given me so much love. They have liked my songs. I just want their blessings.
Lata also reminded everyone that she had been working in the film industry for the past 71 years. "People still like my songs. What else do I want," she reiterated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Longtime Google executive leaves Uber board of directors
- India, US sign military logistics agreement; can now use each other`s assets, bases
- Most doctors prefer partners from medical profession: Survey
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for top Islamist
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy