I just want blessings of my fans: Lata Mangeshkar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Singing legend Lata Mangeshkar turned 84 on September 28. In an exclusive interview to Zee News on Friday the legendary singer said that God had given her a lot and all that she wished for now was the love and blessings of her fans.
Talking to Zee News editor, Sudhir Chaudhary, Lata said, "I thank my fans for their love and blessings." She also thanked Zee News for wishing her on her birthday.
However, she added that she never liked celebrating her birthday and all she did on the day was to spend some time with relatives, either at their place or her place. "I just like being at home," Lata said.
When asked as to what gift she would like on her birthday, Lata said, "I don`t want anything as gift. God has given me a lot. My fans have given me so much love. They have liked my songs. I just want their blessings.
Lata also reminded everyone that she had been working in the film industry for the past 71 years. "People still like my songs. What else do I want," she reiterated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali