I just want blessings of my fans: Lata Mangeshkar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Singing legend Lata Mangeshkar turned 84 on September 28. In an exclusive interview to Zee News on Friday the legendary singer said that God had given her a lot and all that she wished for now was the love and blessings of her fans.
Talking to Zee News editor, Sudhir Chaudhary, Lata said, "I thank my fans for their love and blessings." She also thanked Zee News for wishing her on her birthday.
However, she added that she never liked celebrating her birthday and all she did on the day was to spend some time with relatives, either at their place or her place. "I just like being at home," Lata said.
When asked as to what gift she would like on her birthday, Lata said, "I don`t want anything as gift. God has given me a lot. My fans have given me so much love. They have liked my songs. I just want their blessings.
Lata also reminded everyone that she had been working in the film industry for the past 71 years. "People still like my songs. What else do I want," she reiterated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police