I know my limitations, says Chidambaram on PM candidature
New Delhi: "I know my limitations. And I live and conduct myself according to my limitations."
This was the response of Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Monday when asked to comment on DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s remarks that he was potential prime ministerial candidate.
"I don`t know whether I should take your question very seriously. But let me give you a very serious answer. I know my limitations. And I live and conduct myself according to my limitations," he told reporters here.
Yesterday, Karunanidhi had supported a suggestion by actor Kamal Hassan that the Finance Minister was a potential prime ministerial candidate.
Chidambaram said if the reporters were expecting a light-hearted comment then "I tell you this: I know that some of you think I am foolish. But I am not so foolish as you think."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read