I made a "fool" of Rana: Headley
Chicago: Pakistani-American LeT operative
David Coleman Headley Wednesday said that he made a "fool" of
Tahawwur Husssain Rana by involving him in the 26/11 Mumbai
"I made a fool of him (Rana). Poor fellow was stuck in
this for no fault of his. I made a fool of him in getting to
assist me on what I did. I made a fool of him," Headley told
Rana`s lawyer Patrick Blegen.
While Headley has pleaded guilty, Rana has maintained
that he is not guilty in the charge of "support to terrorism".
The trial is expected to last till June 15. If
convicted Rana faces a possible life sentence.
The defence depicts Headley as skilled manipulator
who kept his childhood friend Rana in the dark about his
terrorist activity while using him as an unwitting accomplice.
Headley, a Pakistani-American, said this while being
cross-examined by defence lawyer of Rana, a 26/11 co-accused
and a Canadian of Pakistani origin who is standing trial after
being slapped with a dozen charges in connection with the
Mumbai attacks in which 166 persons were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP