I made a "fool" of Rana: Headley
Chicago: Pakistani-American LeT operative
David Coleman Headley Wednesday said that he made a "fool" of
Tahawwur Husssain Rana by involving him in the 26/11 Mumbai
"I made a fool of him (Rana). Poor fellow was stuck in
this for no fault of his. I made a fool of him in getting to
assist me on what I did. I made a fool of him," Headley told
Rana`s lawyer Patrick Blegen.
While Headley has pleaded guilty, Rana has maintained
that he is not guilty in the charge of "support to terrorism".
The trial is expected to last till June 15. If
convicted Rana faces a possible life sentence.
The defence depicts Headley as skilled manipulator
who kept his childhood friend Rana in the dark about his
terrorist activity while using him as an unwitting accomplice.
Headley, a Pakistani-American, said this while being
cross-examined by defence lawyer of Rana, a 26/11 co-accused
and a Canadian of Pakistani origin who is standing trial after
being slapped with a dozen charges in connection with the
Mumbai attacks in which 166 persons were killed.
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why