I never said Rahul Gandhi should apologize: Jairam Ramesh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After being quoted on Saturday saying that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi needed to apologise for his ‘ÍSI wooing Muzaffarnagar youth’ comment, Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh appeared in media claiming his opinion was twisted out of context.
“I didn`t say that Rahul should apologize, the media twisted it,” Ramesh said at a press meet here.
Ramesh was on Saturday quoted saying that Rahul Gandhi`s intention was not to malign any community and his comment was blown out of proportion by Congress’ adversaries.
He was at an interaction with reporters from the Urdu media at the Islamic Cultural Centre in Delhi, when he referred to Congress scion’s remarks that Muslim youth affected by Muzaffarnagar riots were wooed by Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence.
Congress party had earlier distanced itself from the remark with party spokesperson Meem Afzal saying that Gandhi has already clarified his statement in reply to the Election Commission (EC) and the party has also spoken about the issue. "I do not know what Jairam Ramesh has said. But whatever he might have said may be his personal view. This is not the view of the party," Afzal had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi