I saved UPA govt in crisis, but Cong put CBI after me: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday claimed he had saved UPA government in its bad days and despite this Congress has put CBI after him.
"Congress used to take support by threatening. I supported the UPA government in bad times but Congress has put CBI after me", he told reporters here.
In a fresh attack on union minister Beni Prasad Verma, Yadav said those talking about making Rahul Gandhi the Prime Minister could not save the deposit of his son in assembly polls.
"Congress will decide about Rahul Gandhi...By the way, those (Beni Prasad) talking about making him the Prime Minister could not save the deposit of his son in assembly elections", he said.
Beni`s son Rakesh Verma had forfeited his deposit in assembly elections from Daryabad seat in his home district Barabanki.
Mulayam was asked about his views on Rahul Gandhi as the prime ministerial candidte of Congress party in next Lok Sabha polls.
On Beni`s allegation about a deal for giving support, Yadav said those talking about SP`s "deal" with Congress were themselves a "traitor".
"I am not afraid of anyone and that is why I speak the truth. I have never betrayed anyone. On the other hand, I was betrayed many times...I do what I say..There is no difference between what I say and what I do", he said.
Yadav also alleged the media was not in his and his party`s favour due to which law and order in UP was being made an issue.
"Law and order is good in the state but the media is creating unnecessary hue and cry over it. (UP Chief Minister) Akhilesh is doing better than his counterparts in other states.", he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?