I saved UPA govt in crisis, but Cong put CBI after me: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday claimed he had saved UPA government in its bad days and despite this Congress has put CBI after him.
"Congress used to take support by threatening. I supported the UPA government in bad times but Congress has put CBI after me", he told reporters here.
In a fresh attack on union minister Beni Prasad Verma, Yadav said those talking about making Rahul Gandhi the Prime Minister could not save the deposit of his son in assembly polls.
"Congress will decide about Rahul Gandhi...By the way, those (Beni Prasad) talking about making him the Prime Minister could not save the deposit of his son in assembly elections", he said.
Beni`s son Rakesh Verma had forfeited his deposit in assembly elections from Daryabad seat in his home district Barabanki.
Mulayam was asked about his views on Rahul Gandhi as the prime ministerial candidte of Congress party in next Lok Sabha polls.
On Beni`s allegation about a deal for giving support, Yadav said those talking about SP`s "deal" with Congress were themselves a "traitor".
"I am not afraid of anyone and that is why I speak the truth. I have never betrayed anyone. On the other hand, I was betrayed many times...I do what I say..There is no difference between what I say and what I do", he said.
Yadav also alleged the media was not in his and his party`s favour due to which law and order in UP was being made an issue.
"Law and order is good in the state but the media is creating unnecessary hue and cry over it. (UP Chief Minister) Akhilesh is doing better than his counterparts in other states.", he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon