I saved UPA govt in crisis, but Cong put CBI after me: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday claimed he had saved UPA government in its bad days and despite this Congress has put CBI after him.
"Congress used to take support by threatening. I supported the UPA government in bad times but Congress has put CBI after me", he told reporters here.
In a fresh attack on union minister Beni Prasad Verma, Yadav said those talking about making Rahul Gandhi the Prime Minister could not save the deposit of his son in assembly polls.
"Congress will decide about Rahul Gandhi...By the way, those (Beni Prasad) talking about making him the Prime Minister could not save the deposit of his son in assembly elections", he said.
Beni`s son Rakesh Verma had forfeited his deposit in assembly elections from Daryabad seat in his home district Barabanki.
Mulayam was asked about his views on Rahul Gandhi as the prime ministerial candidte of Congress party in next Lok Sabha polls.
On Beni`s allegation about a deal for giving support, Yadav said those talking about SP`s "deal" with Congress were themselves a "traitor".
"I am not afraid of anyone and that is why I speak the truth. I have never betrayed anyone. On the other hand, I was betrayed many times...I do what I say..There is no difference between what I say and what I do", he said.
Yadav also alleged the media was not in his and his party`s favour due to which law and order in UP was being made an issue.
"Law and order is good in the state but the media is creating unnecessary hue and cry over it. (UP Chief Minister) Akhilesh is doing better than his counterparts in other states.", he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!