I served as IG, Registration till Monday: Khemka
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka on Tuesday night said he served as Inspector General, Registration, till Monday even though his transfer and posting orders were issued by the state government on October 11.
"I served as IG, Registration till 4:30 pm yesterday, the time when I relinquished charge," Khemka told reporters here tonight.
Reacting to the Haryana government`s clarification over his transfer and his two letters to DCs of four districts and DG, Town and Country Planning Department, Khemka said "if I have misstated the facts, I must be prosecuted".
He also said that in his letter to Chief Secretary PK Chaudhary on October 12, 2012, a day after his transfer was issued, that he had not mentioned the names of DLF or Robert Vadra.
Under fire over the transfer of Khemka in the wake of the row over land dealings of Robert Vadra, the Haryana government today said there was no malice or malafide intention in its decision to transfer the officer even as it ordered an inquiry into issues raised by him.
Addressing a press conference here, Haryana Chief Secretary PK Chaudhary said there was "no malice or malafide intention" in the decision to transfer Khemka.
Khemka, who was removed as Inspector General of Registration after he ordered a probe into all the land dealings of Vadra, Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law, in four districts of Haryana, said it was "grossly unfair to punish him for being upright and exposing the scams".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog