I served as IG, Registration till Monday: Khemka
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka on Tuesday night said he served as Inspector General, Registration, till Monday even though his transfer and posting orders were issued by the state government on October 11.
"I served as IG, Registration till 4:30 pm yesterday, the time when I relinquished charge," Khemka told reporters here tonight.
Reacting to the Haryana government`s clarification over his transfer and his two letters to DCs of four districts and DG, Town and Country Planning Department, Khemka said "if I have misstated the facts, I must be prosecuted".
He also said that in his letter to Chief Secretary PK Chaudhary on October 12, 2012, a day after his transfer was issued, that he had not mentioned the names of DLF or Robert Vadra.
Under fire over the transfer of Khemka in the wake of the row over land dealings of Robert Vadra, the Haryana government today said there was no malice or malafide intention in its decision to transfer the officer even as it ordered an inquiry into issues raised by him.
Addressing a press conference here, Haryana Chief Secretary PK Chaudhary said there was "no malice or malafide intention" in the decision to transfer Khemka.
Khemka, who was removed as Inspector General of Registration after he ordered a probe into all the land dealings of Vadra, Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law, in four districts of Haryana, said it was "grossly unfair to punish him for being upright and exposing the scams".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Original seeds of monster black holes detected, claim astronomers
- OnePlus to launch Loop VR headset this summer
- Wishes galore! Look what Bollywood has to say on Karan Johar's 44th birthday
- Controversial BJP MLA targets Nehru-Gandhi family, asks govt to bring down statues named after them
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 goes out of stock within minutes of open sale