I-T dept questions Koda; ED team to visit Mumbai
Ranchi: Expanding its probe
into multi-crore rupee alleged hawala and illegal investments
case against former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, an
Enforcement Directorate team will leave for Mumbai tomorrow to
ascertain his alleged investments in Bollywood and some
companies set up there by him and his associates.
The Income Tax department sleuths today questioned
Koda at his house in Ranchi, after having discontinued it
in the wake of his illness on November three.
The ED team will head to Mumbai to gather documents
and bank statements of certain companies which were allegedly
set up by Koda and his associates.
Official sources said the team will also seek
additional information on certain allegedly hawala
transactions through which Koda and his associates, booked
under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, invested in
benami properties abroad.
Sources said ED has also issued summons to certain
companies in Mumbai whose name cropped up in documents seized
by the I-T department during its countrywide searches on the
premises of Koda and his partners on October 31.
The enforcement agency is also probing Koda`s alleged
investments in Bollywood, they added.
Sources said the help of other economic enforcement
agencies would be sought in investigations into the over Rs
2000 crore case.
Meanwhile, the ED could not question one of Koda`s
associate Vikas Sinha, currently in its custody, as he was
under treatment for kidney stone, sources said.
Koda, who is being probed for alleged diversion of
government funds and corruption in awarding various contracts
during his tenure as Jharkhand Minister of Mines and later as
the CM, is scheduled to appear before the ED on November 15 in
the national capital.
Koda was Mines Minister in BJP government headed by
Arjun Munda in 2004 and had taken over as CM in September
Munda today said he would cooperate with any
investigating agency in connection with the case against his
former cabinet colleague.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM