I-T dept questions Koda; ED team to visit Mumbai
Ranchi: Expanding its probe
into multi-crore rupee alleged hawala and illegal investments
case against former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, an
Enforcement Directorate team will leave for Mumbai tomorrow to
ascertain his alleged investments in Bollywood and some
companies set up there by him and his associates.
The Income Tax department sleuths today questioned
Koda at his house in Ranchi, after having discontinued it
in the wake of his illness on November three.
The ED team will head to Mumbai to gather documents
and bank statements of certain companies which were allegedly
set up by Koda and his associates.
Official sources said the team will also seek
additional information on certain allegedly hawala
transactions through which Koda and his associates, booked
under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, invested in
benami properties abroad.
Sources said ED has also issued summons to certain
companies in Mumbai whose name cropped up in documents seized
by the I-T department during its countrywide searches on the
premises of Koda and his partners on October 31.
The enforcement agency is also probing Koda`s alleged
investments in Bollywood, they added.
Sources said the help of other economic enforcement
agencies would be sought in investigations into the over Rs
2000 crore case.
Meanwhile, the ED could not question one of Koda`s
associate Vikas Sinha, currently in its custody, as he was
under treatment for kidney stone, sources said.
Koda, who is being probed for alleged diversion of
government funds and corruption in awarding various contracts
during his tenure as Jharkhand Minister of Mines and later as
the CM, is scheduled to appear before the ED on November 15 in
the national capital.
Koda was Mines Minister in BJP government headed by
Arjun Munda in 2004 and had taken over as CM in September
Munda today said he would cooperate with any
investigating agency in connection with the case against his
former cabinet colleague.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’