`I-T questions Raja, to come out with report soon`
New Delhi: Income Tax Department on Thursday said that it has questioned former telecom minister A Raja and others in connection with the 2G spectrum allocation case and will soon come out with its report.
"Our officials are inquiring into 2G spectrum case. They have taken permission from the court. At present it is under investigation. A report will be prepared and action will be taken," Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Chairman Prakash Chandra told reporters here.
Besides Raja, the Income Tax officials have also questioned several others involved in the case after obtaining permission from a city court.
Chandra further said that, "This (investigation) is being dealt by different DGs (Directorate Generals)...Chennai and Mumbai. Raja...Balwa...these two I remember…there is one more (person). Chennai people (Income Tax officials) came and interrogated Raja".
The Delhi Court had earlier allowed Income Tax officials to question Raja, Swan Telecom Promoters Shahid Usman Balwa and Vinod Goenka and three top Reliance ADAG officials -- Gautam Doshi, Hari Nair and Surender Pipara --currently in
Sources in the department said the questioning of Raja yesterday revolved around the financial details of his family and those transactions for which he was responsible in his personal capacity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi