`I-T questions Raja, to come out with report soon`
New Delhi: Income Tax Department on Thursday said that it has questioned former telecom minister A Raja and others in connection with the 2G spectrum allocation case and will soon come out with its report.
"Our officials are inquiring into 2G spectrum case. They have taken permission from the court. At present it is under investigation. A report will be prepared and action will be taken," Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Chairman Prakash Chandra told reporters here.
Besides Raja, the Income Tax officials have also questioned several others involved in the case after obtaining permission from a city court.
Chandra further said that, "This (investigation) is being dealt by different DGs (Directorate Generals)...Chennai and Mumbai. Raja...Balwa...these two I remember…there is one more (person). Chennai people (Income Tax officials) came and interrogated Raja".
The Delhi Court had earlier allowed Income Tax officials to question Raja, Swan Telecom Promoters Shahid Usman Balwa and Vinod Goenka and three top Reliance ADAG officials -- Gautam Doshi, Hari Nair and Surender Pipara --currently in
Sources in the department said the questioning of Raja yesterday revolved around the financial details of his family and those transactions for which he was responsible in his personal capacity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble