`I-T questions Raja, to come out with report soon`
New Delhi: Income Tax Department on Thursday said that it has questioned former telecom minister A Raja and others in connection with the 2G spectrum allocation case and will soon come out with its report.
"Our officials are inquiring into 2G spectrum case. They have taken permission from the court. At present it is under investigation. A report will be prepared and action will be taken," Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Chairman Prakash Chandra told reporters here.
Besides Raja, the Income Tax officials have also questioned several others involved in the case after obtaining permission from a city court.
Chandra further said that, "This (investigation) is being dealt by different DGs (Directorate Generals)...Chennai and Mumbai. Raja...Balwa...these two I remember…there is one more (person). Chennai people (Income Tax officials) came and interrogated Raja".
The Delhi Court had earlier allowed Income Tax officials to question Raja, Swan Telecom Promoters Shahid Usman Balwa and Vinod Goenka and three top Reliance ADAG officials -- Gautam Doshi, Hari Nair and Surender Pipara --currently in
Sources in the department said the questioning of Raja yesterday revolved around the financial details of his family and those transactions for which he was responsible in his personal capacity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!