I thought Advani had retired: Ambika Soni
New Delhi: Union Minister Ambika Soni on Friday took a dig at senior BJP leader LK Advani for his apology to Congress president Sonia Gandhi over a BJP-appointed task force report on Swiss bank accounts, saying she thought he "had retired".
"I thought Mr Advani has retired some time back and left space for younger people like Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley who are now occupying two positions of leaders of Houses," she told reporters here on the sidelines of a function here.
The Congress leader was asked about her reaction to Advani apologising to Gandhi for a party-appointed task force report, which had alleged that she and her late husband Rajiv
had accounts in Swiss banks.
"Mr Advani has been making a statement every day on different subjects... probably he not having enough study of what he is saying," she said.
BJP had appointed the task force on unravelling the amount of black money stashed by Indians in foreign banks and ways to bring it back. The report had alleged that Sonia Gandhi and former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi were among Indians who held Swiss bank accounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!