I thought Advani had retired: Ambika Soni
New Delhi: Union Minister Ambika Soni on Friday took a dig at senior BJP leader LK Advani for his apology to Congress president Sonia Gandhi over a BJP-appointed task force report on Swiss bank accounts, saying she thought he "had retired".
"I thought Mr Advani has retired some time back and left space for younger people like Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley who are now occupying two positions of leaders of Houses," she told reporters here on the sidelines of a function here.
The Congress leader was asked about her reaction to Advani apologising to Gandhi for a party-appointed task force report, which had alleged that she and her late husband Rajiv
had accounts in Swiss banks.
"Mr Advani has been making a statement every day on different subjects... probably he not having enough study of what he is saying," she said.
BJP had appointed the task force on unravelling the amount of black money stashed by Indians in foreign banks and ways to bring it back. The report had alleged that Sonia Gandhi and former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi were among Indians who held Swiss bank accounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you