I want to concentrate on positive politics: Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: Addressing a very brief press conference on Wednesday, newly appointed vice president of the Congress party said that he would like to concentrate on positive politics and keep away from any kind of negativity.
Talking to reporters in the national capital he said that he wanted to take the Congress family forward and change the country.
On the kind of politics that is being played in the country he said, “Our politics is acrimonious. Often we are fighting with each other, I want to reduce that. I do not want to play negative politics. I want to play positive politics.” “That will only take the country forward. We are a dynamic country and we can take this country forward.” He added.
He also said that the need of the hour was to focus on the youngsters and those who are doing good work.
However, Rahul Gandhi when asked by a reporter to comment on the recommendations of the Justice Verma Panel on the new rape law, said, "This is my first day on office. I do not want to go into specifics."
The Congress vice president left the journalists present at the presser wanting more. Rahul has often been criticised for not interacting much with the media. Critics also point out that not much is known about his views on certain issues plaguing the country. But with his elevation as the vice president of the party, it is being said that he will have to be more forthcoming in his views and also take the uncomfortable questions.
Rahul Gandhi did address the AICC session in Jaipur wherein he made and emotional speech and said that the Congress party and India was now his life.
Earlier today, Rahul had called a high-level meeting of the party bearers.
The meeting of general secretaries was held at 5 pm at the Congress headquarters here.
This was the first meet that was chaired by Rahul after being appointed to the vice president’s post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon