I want to concentrate on positive politics: Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: Addressing a very brief press conference on Wednesday, newly appointed vice president of the Congress party said that he would like to concentrate on positive politics and keep away from any kind of negativity.
Talking to reporters in the national capital he said that he wanted to take the Congress family forward and change the country.
On the kind of politics that is being played in the country he said, “Our politics is acrimonious. Often we are fighting with each other, I want to reduce that. I do not want to play negative politics. I want to play positive politics.” “That will only take the country forward. We are a dynamic country and we can take this country forward.” He added.
He also said that the need of the hour was to focus on the youngsters and those who are doing good work.
However, Rahul Gandhi when asked by a reporter to comment on the recommendations of the Justice Verma Panel on the new rape law, said, "This is my first day on office. I do not want to go into specifics."
The Congress vice president left the journalists present at the presser wanting more. Rahul has often been criticised for not interacting much with the media. Critics also point out that not much is known about his views on certain issues plaguing the country. But with his elevation as the vice president of the party, it is being said that he will have to be more forthcoming in his views and also take the uncomfortable questions.
Rahul Gandhi did address the AICC session in Jaipur wherein he made and emotional speech and said that the Congress party and India was now his life.
Earlier today, Rahul had called a high-level meeting of the party bearers.
The meeting of general secretaries was held at 5 pm at the Congress headquarters here.
This was the first meet that was chaired by Rahul after being appointed to the vice president’s post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place