I want to concentrate on positive politics: Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: Addressing a very brief press conference on Wednesday, newly appointed vice president of the Congress party said that he would like to concentrate on positive politics and keep away from any kind of negativity.
Talking to reporters in the national capital he said that he wanted to take the Congress family forward and change the country.
On the kind of politics that is being played in the country he said, “Our politics is acrimonious. Often we are fighting with each other, I want to reduce that. I do not want to play negative politics. I want to play positive politics.” “That will only take the country forward. We are a dynamic country and we can take this country forward.” He added.
He also said that the need of the hour was to focus on the youngsters and those who are doing good work.
However, Rahul Gandhi when asked by a reporter to comment on the recommendations of the Justice Verma Panel on the new rape law, said, "This is my first day on office. I do not want to go into specifics."
The Congress vice president left the journalists present at the presser wanting more. Rahul has often been criticised for not interacting much with the media. Critics also point out that not much is known about his views on certain issues plaguing the country. But with his elevation as the vice president of the party, it is being said that he will have to be more forthcoming in his views and also take the uncomfortable questions.
Rahul Gandhi did address the AICC session in Jaipur wherein he made and emotional speech and said that the Congress party and India was now his life.
Earlier today, Rahul had called a high-level meeting of the party bearers.
The meeting of general secretaries was held at 5 pm at the Congress headquarters here.
This was the first meet that was chaired by Rahul after being appointed to the vice president’s post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued