I want violence-free Pakistan: Sri Sri
Lahore: Indian spiritual leader Ravi Shankar arrived here Monday on a three-day visit, saying he wanted to see a violence-free Pakistan.
"My dream is to see a violence free Pakistan, and I am sure it is possible," a spokesman quoted the Art of Living founder as saying after he entered Lahore via the Wagah land border.
The Pakistan government provided him security from the border.
The visit, meant to foster inter-faith peace and harmony, began with an address by Ravi Shankar to those gathered to meet him at the border.
Present on the occasion were Pakistan Today editor Arif Nizami, former finance minister Sartaj Aziz, Humaira Shahid of the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid, and Omar Cheema of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, headed by cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan.
Later, addressing students at the FC College here, he went on: "There is only one god. Like in Islam there are 99 names of Allah, in Hinduism there are 108 forms of the same god. Idol is just a symbol."
In Pakistan, Ravi Shankar will meet business leaders, academics, spiritual leaders, student groups and opinion makers to strengthen collaborative efforts between the two countries.
He is likely to meet political leaders as well.
This is Ravi Shankar`s second visit to Pakistan after July 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof