I wanted Modi to learn about Aakash: Sibal
New Delhi: A day after Narendra Modi said he was being "bribed" with a couple of Aakash tablets, HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on Friday said he had sent the low cost devices to the Gujarat chief minister so that he can "learn" about them.
"I am bribing him because I want him to learn about Aakash," Sibal told reporters here in the latest war of words between them triggered by Modi`s accusation of the delay in delivery of the tablets to students.
Modi had yesterday said that Sibal was trying to "bribe" him by sending him the tablets.
According to the HRD Ministry, the advanced version of Aakash tablets, sent a few days ago to Modi for his feedback, came back undelivered.
Following Modi`s remarks about delay in delivery of Aakash tablets, Sibal had sent him the two pieces of the device along with a letter requesting him to keep education away from politics.
"We have sent the devices to the chief minister. He lives in netherworld, I have shown him on land that Aakash is in your hand," Sibal had said.
Modi had earlier said that the much-hyped Aakash tablets have not come down to earth yet.
"Kash (If only) this Aakash tablet could land on earth, then the lie (promise of free laptops by state Congress) they (Congress) are spreading now would hold some weight," Modi had said.
The ministry is now planning to sent Aakash tablets to all state chief ministers for their feedback about their efficacy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter