I wanted Modi to learn about Aakash: Sibal
New Delhi: A day after Narendra Modi said he was being "bribed" with a couple of Aakash tablets, HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on Friday said he had sent the low cost devices to the Gujarat chief minister so that he can "learn" about them.
"I am bribing him because I want him to learn about Aakash," Sibal told reporters here in the latest war of words between them triggered by Modi`s accusation of the delay in delivery of the tablets to students.
Modi had yesterday said that Sibal was trying to "bribe" him by sending him the tablets.
According to the HRD Ministry, the advanced version of Aakash tablets, sent a few days ago to Modi for his feedback, came back undelivered.
Following Modi`s remarks about delay in delivery of Aakash tablets, Sibal had sent him the two pieces of the device along with a letter requesting him to keep education away from politics.
"We have sent the devices to the chief minister. He lives in netherworld, I have shown him on land that Aakash is in your hand," Sibal had said.
Modi had earlier said that the much-hyped Aakash tablets have not come down to earth yet.
"Kash (If only) this Aakash tablet could land on earth, then the lie (promise of free laptops by state Congress) they (Congress) are spreading now would hold some weight," Modi had said.
The ministry is now planning to sent Aakash tablets to all state chief ministers for their feedback about their efficacy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest