I wanted Modi to learn about Aakash: Sibal
New Delhi: A day after Narendra Modi said he was being "bribed" with a couple of Aakash tablets, HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on Friday said he had sent the low cost devices to the Gujarat chief minister so that he can "learn" about them.
"I am bribing him because I want him to learn about Aakash," Sibal told reporters here in the latest war of words between them triggered by Modi`s accusation of the delay in delivery of the tablets to students.
Modi had yesterday said that Sibal was trying to "bribe" him by sending him the tablets.
According to the HRD Ministry, the advanced version of Aakash tablets, sent a few days ago to Modi for his feedback, came back undelivered.
Following Modi`s remarks about delay in delivery of Aakash tablets, Sibal had sent him the two pieces of the device along with a letter requesting him to keep education away from politics.
"We have sent the devices to the chief minister. He lives in netherworld, I have shown him on land that Aakash is in your hand," Sibal had said.
Modi had earlier said that the much-hyped Aakash tablets have not come down to earth yet.
"Kash (If only) this Aakash tablet could land on earth, then the lie (promise of free laptops by state Congress) they (Congress) are spreading now would hold some weight," Modi had said.
The ministry is now planning to sent Aakash tablets to all state chief ministers for their feedback about their efficacy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj