I was received like a bridgroom in my in-laws` house: Pranab Mukherjee
On Board Air India One: President Pranab Mukherjee is wowed by the welcome given to him on his maiden visit to his `sasural` at a village in Bangladesh`s Narail district, saying he was received there like a "bridegroom".
"Oh, they (the people of Bhadrabila village) received me like a bridegroom", said a beaming President when asked how he felt about visiting the ancestral house of his inlaws for the first time.
Mukherjee said though he got married in 1957, it was for the first time that he visited his inlaws` house.
Mukherjee`s wife Shuvra was born at Bhadrabila and spent her early years there. She, along with their daughter Sharmistha, had visited the village in 1995.
"It was an exclusively personal visit", the President added.
Asked if his visit to his inlaws house was like a second trip to `sasural`, typical in the life of a newly-wed Bengali couple, the President laughed and said "I never visited my inlaws house before so there is not question of a second visit".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University