I was received like a bridgroom in my in-laws` house: Pranab Mukherjee
On Board Air India One: President Pranab Mukherjee is wowed by the welcome given to him on his maiden visit to his `sasural` at a village in Bangladesh`s Narail district, saying he was received there like a "bridegroom".
"Oh, they (the people of Bhadrabila village) received me like a bridegroom", said a beaming President when asked how he felt about visiting the ancestral house of his inlaws for the first time.
Mukherjee said though he got married in 1957, it was for the first time that he visited his inlaws` house.
Mukherjee`s wife Shuvra was born at Bhadrabila and spent her early years there. She, along with their daughter Sharmistha, had visited the village in 1995.
"It was an exclusively personal visit", the President added.
Asked if his visit to his inlaws house was like a second trip to `sasural`, typical in the life of a newly-wed Bengali couple, the President laughed and said "I never visited my inlaws house before so there is not question of a second visit".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation