I was received like a bridgroom in my in-laws` house: Pranab Mukherjee
On Board Air India One: President Pranab Mukherjee is wowed by the welcome given to him on his maiden visit to his `sasural` at a village in Bangladesh`s Narail district, saying he was received there like a "bridegroom".
"Oh, they (the people of Bhadrabila village) received me like a bridegroom", said a beaming President when asked how he felt about visiting the ancestral house of his inlaws for the first time.
Mukherjee said though he got married in 1957, it was for the first time that he visited his inlaws` house.
Mukherjee`s wife Shuvra was born at Bhadrabila and spent her early years there. She, along with their daughter Sharmistha, had visited the village in 1995.
"It was an exclusively personal visit", the President added.
Asked if his visit to his inlaws house was like a second trip to `sasural`, typical in the life of a newly-wed Bengali couple, the President laughed and said "I never visited my inlaws house before so there is not question of a second visit".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug