I will come out clean: Suspended BEML chairman
Bangalore: Suspended BEML chairman and managing director VRS Natarajan on Monday said he respected the government`s decision and maintained he would come out clean.
Natarajan was suspended by the Defence Ministry on a CBI recommendation for his removal to ensure fair investigation in several cases, including the probe in the controversial Tatra truck deal.
"I respect the decision of the government. I will come out clean in the case," Natarajan told reporters who sought his reaction to the Defence Ministry`s decision.
Announcing Natarajan`s suspension, Defence Ministry spokesperson Sitanshu Kar said, "The government has put the CMD of BEML under suspension following a recommendation by the CBI that he should be kept away from the post to ensure fair investigation. The CBI is currently investigating into various charges against Natarajan."
"The charge of CMD has been given to P Dwarkanath, the senior most functional Director in BEML," the spokesperson said.
The move comes a few days after the Defence Ministry issued a show cause notice to the BEML Chief for slapping a defamation notice on Gen V K Singh without its permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'