I will come out clean: Suspended BEML chairman
Bangalore: Suspended BEML chairman and managing director VRS Natarajan on Monday said he respected the government`s decision and maintained he would come out clean.
Natarajan was suspended by the Defence Ministry on a CBI recommendation for his removal to ensure fair investigation in several cases, including the probe in the controversial Tatra truck deal.
"I respect the decision of the government. I will come out clean in the case," Natarajan told reporters who sought his reaction to the Defence Ministry`s decision.
Announcing Natarajan`s suspension, Defence Ministry spokesperson Sitanshu Kar said, "The government has put the CMD of BEML under suspension following a recommendation by the CBI that he should be kept away from the post to ensure fair investigation. The CBI is currently investigating into various charges against Natarajan."
"The charge of CMD has been given to P Dwarkanath, the senior most functional Director in BEML," the spokesperson said.
The move comes a few days after the Defence Ministry issued a show cause notice to the BEML Chief for slapping a defamation notice on Gen V K Singh without its permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'