I will come out clean: Suspended BEML chairman
Bangalore: Suspended BEML chairman and managing director VRS Natarajan on Monday said he respected the government`s decision and maintained he would come out clean.
Natarajan was suspended by the Defence Ministry on a CBI recommendation for his removal to ensure fair investigation in several cases, including the probe in the controversial Tatra truck deal.
"I respect the decision of the government. I will come out clean in the case," Natarajan told reporters who sought his reaction to the Defence Ministry`s decision.
Announcing Natarajan`s suspension, Defence Ministry spokesperson Sitanshu Kar said, "The government has put the CMD of BEML under suspension following a recommendation by the CBI that he should be kept away from the post to ensure fair investigation. The CBI is currently investigating into various charges against Natarajan."
"The charge of CMD has been given to P Dwarkanath, the senior most functional Director in BEML," the spokesperson said.
The move comes a few days after the Defence Ministry issued a show cause notice to the BEML Chief for slapping a defamation notice on Gen V K Singh without its permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered