I will come out clean: Suspended BEML chairman
Bangalore: Suspended BEML chairman and managing director VRS Natarajan on Monday said he respected the government`s decision and maintained he would come out clean.
Natarajan was suspended by the Defence Ministry on a CBI recommendation for his removal to ensure fair investigation in several cases, including the probe in the controversial Tatra truck deal.
"I respect the decision of the government. I will come out clean in the case," Natarajan told reporters who sought his reaction to the Defence Ministry`s decision.
Announcing Natarajan`s suspension, Defence Ministry spokesperson Sitanshu Kar said, "The government has put the CMD of BEML under suspension following a recommendation by the CBI that he should be kept away from the post to ensure fair investigation. The CBI is currently investigating into various charges against Natarajan."
"The charge of CMD has been given to P Dwarkanath, the senior most functional Director in BEML," the spokesperson said.
The move comes a few days after the Defence Ministry issued a show cause notice to the BEML Chief for slapping a defamation notice on Gen V K Singh without its permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars