I will come out clean: Suspended BEML chairman
Bangalore: Suspended BEML chairman and managing director VRS Natarajan on Monday said he respected the government`s decision and maintained he would come out clean.
Natarajan was suspended by the Defence Ministry on a CBI recommendation for his removal to ensure fair investigation in several cases, including the probe in the controversial Tatra truck deal.
"I respect the decision of the government. I will come out clean in the case," Natarajan told reporters who sought his reaction to the Defence Ministry`s decision.
Announcing Natarajan`s suspension, Defence Ministry spokesperson Sitanshu Kar said, "The government has put the CMD of BEML under suspension following a recommendation by the CBI that he should be kept away from the post to ensure fair investigation. The CBI is currently investigating into various charges against Natarajan."
"The charge of CMD has been given to P Dwarkanath, the senior most functional Director in BEML," the spokesperson said.
The move comes a few days after the Defence Ministry issued a show cause notice to the BEML Chief for slapping a defamation notice on Gen V K Singh without its permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends