I will do my best as national security adviser: Menon
New Delhi: Former foreign secretary Shivshankar Menon, who was named the new national security adviser (NSA) to succeed MK Narayanan and will be joining work Saturday, says it is "a great responsibility".
"It is a great responsibility and I will do my best," Menon said after the Appointments Committee of the cabinet Thursday cleared his name for the post.
He refused to answer questions on what subjects he would be dealing with in his new role.
Menon, 60, who has served as ambassador to China, Pakistan, Israel and Sri Lanka, will be equivalent to a minister of state in rank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Snapdeal Monsoon sale kicks off; get upto 60% discount
- Doping controversy: Inderjeet Singh breaks down during TV interview, alleges conspiracy behind failed test
- Pope Francis faces tepid welcome in migrant-wary Poland
- Amazon launches membership service Prime in India –Know the benefits
- Know the common causes of red or bloodshot eyes!