I will take opposition head on: Shatrughan Sinha
New Delhi: Unhappy at not being given an official position in the party, Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) MP Shatrughan Sinha said differences with party president Nitin Gadkari would be resolved soon and added that he was also facing "opposition from within".
"In politics there are two kinds of opposition. One the real opposition and the other the opposition from within, the opposition from your own people," Sinha said in an interview to a television channel.
The actor-MP asserted that he was willing to take on detractors within his own party. "But I would like to say when the going gets tough, the tough get going. I will take all kinds of opposition head on and will have the last laugh."
Sinha, who was a minister during the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government, described Gadkari as a "younger brother".
"Mr Gadkari is a nice person - he is like a younger brother. Whatever differences we have will be resolved. When I meet him the next time something positive and something light would come out. These are differences within the family and they will be resolved and sorted out."
On the issue of not being given any post in the new BJP team, he said: "It is a fact that I have not got any post but I`m a man with self-respect and I have not got any post because I have never sought one."
Asked to comment on the BJP leadership, he was all praise for Sushma Swaraj, now the leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha.
"Among the active politicians within the BJP, Yashwant Sinnha is there, Arun Shourie is one of the most learned and, of course, Sushma Swaraj is very capable. She is the tallest leader."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’