I will take opposition head on: Shatrughan Sinha
New Delhi: Unhappy at not being given an official position in the party, Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) MP Shatrughan Sinha said differences with party president Nitin Gadkari would be resolved soon and added that he was also facing "opposition from within".
"In politics there are two kinds of opposition. One the real opposition and the other the opposition from within, the opposition from your own people," Sinha said in an interview to a television channel.
The actor-MP asserted that he was willing to take on detractors within his own party. "But I would like to say when the going gets tough, the tough get going. I will take all kinds of opposition head on and will have the last laugh."
Sinha, who was a minister during the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government, described Gadkari as a "younger brother".
"Mr Gadkari is a nice person - he is like a younger brother. Whatever differences we have will be resolved. When I meet him the next time something positive and something light would come out. These are differences within the family and they will be resolved and sorted out."
On the issue of not being given any post in the new BJP team, he said: "It is a fact that I have not got any post but I`m a man with self-respect and I have not got any post because I have never sought one."
Asked to comment on the BJP leadership, he was all praise for Sushma Swaraj, now the leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha.
"Among the active politicians within the BJP, Yashwant Sinnha is there, Arun Shourie is one of the most learned and, of course, Sushma Swaraj is very capable. She is the tallest leader."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why