I will tour the country to convince people to back AAP: Kejriwal
New Delhi: A day after launching his Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said he will tour the country for the next one year to "expose" the Congress and BJP while trying to convince people on why they should support his party.
Eyeing the next year`s assembly polls and the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Kejriwal made a passionate plea to youth to join him full-time to bring about a revolutionary change in the country`s political system.
Addressing his supporters near Rajghat here, the activist-turned-politician also used the platform to attack Congress and BJP saying they "used" people only to get votes and never bothered about them.
"There are people who have looted India a lot. Now the youth have decided to come out and drive them out of Parliament. I ask all youth therefore to come to Jantar Mantar tomorrow and they will be given the status of founder member of the party," Kejriwal said.
Claiming that AAP was different from existing outfits, he said the donations and expenses would be uploaded every now and then on the outfit`s website which is being launched tomorrow.
"We have set a series of guidelines for the party members. I want only those of you who can work full-time to come to this party and no one should be found indulging in any activities of taking money for votes during elections," he said.
Kejriwal also said he will "go around every village and town in the country for the next one year trying to convince people against the vote bank policy of the Congress and BJP."
"BJP and Congress used people only for votes," he alleged.
Kejriwal had Saturday said that the aim of the party was to give gram sabhas more say in law-making and making higher judiciary accessible to common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31