IAC activists, scribe manhandled in Khurshid`s LS constituency
Farukkhabad: Activists of India Against Corruption (IAC) and a journalist were allegedly manhandled here by some persons on Thursday when they were conducting a survey regarding allegations of financial irregularities in a trust run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid.
A Delhi-based journalist Abhinandan Mishra and members of IAC led by their local convener Laxman Singh were allegedly manhandled and stones were pelted on them when they were returning from Pitaura, native place of Khurshid in Kayamganj area this afternoon, sources said.
Khurshid represents the Farrukhabad Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
The IAC members claimed that they have informed senior police officials about the incident.
When contacted, Additional Superintendent of Police OP Singh said he has been informed over phone about the incident and has asked the journalist and IAC members to lodge a written complaint.
The matter would be probed and the required action would be taken against those found guilty, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani