IAC activists, scribe manhandled in Khurshid`s LS constituency
Farukkhabad: Activists of India Against Corruption (IAC) and a journalist were allegedly manhandled here by some persons on Thursday when they were conducting a survey regarding allegations of financial irregularities in a trust run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid.
A Delhi-based journalist Abhinandan Mishra and members of IAC led by their local convener Laxman Singh were allegedly manhandled and stones were pelted on them when they were returning from Pitaura, native place of Khurshid in Kayamganj area this afternoon, sources said.
Khurshid represents the Farrukhabad Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
The IAC members claimed that they have informed senior police officials about the incident.
When contacted, Additional Superintendent of Police OP Singh said he has been informed over phone about the incident and has asked the journalist and IAC members to lodge a written complaint.
The matter would be probed and the required action would be taken against those found guilty, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price