IAC activists, scribe manhandled in Khurshid`s LS constituency
Farukkhabad: Activists of India Against Corruption (IAC) and a journalist were allegedly manhandled here by some persons on Thursday when they were conducting a survey regarding allegations of financial irregularities in a trust run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid.
A Delhi-based journalist Abhinandan Mishra and members of IAC led by their local convener Laxman Singh were allegedly manhandled and stones were pelted on them when they were returning from Pitaura, native place of Khurshid in Kayamganj area this afternoon, sources said.
Khurshid represents the Farrukhabad Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
The IAC members claimed that they have informed senior police officials about the incident.
When contacted, Additional Superintendent of Police OP Singh said he has been informed over phone about the incident and has asked the journalist and IAC members to lodge a written complaint.
The matter would be probed and the required action would be taken against those found guilty, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh