IAC activists, scribe manhandled in Khurshid`s LS constituency
Farukkhabad: Activists of India Against Corruption (IAC) and a journalist were allegedly manhandled here by some persons on Thursday when they were conducting a survey regarding allegations of financial irregularities in a trust run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid.
A Delhi-based journalist Abhinandan Mishra and members of IAC led by their local convener Laxman Singh were allegedly manhandled and stones were pelted on them when they were returning from Pitaura, native place of Khurshid in Kayamganj area this afternoon, sources said.
Khurshid represents the Farrukhabad Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
The IAC members claimed that they have informed senior police officials about the incident.
When contacted, Additional Superintendent of Police OP Singh said he has been informed over phone about the incident and has asked the journalist and IAC members to lodge a written complaint.
The matter would be probed and the required action would be taken against those found guilty, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test