IAC denies hiding facts on alleged corruption by Pawar
New Delhi: India Against Corruption (IAC) has rejected the allegation by former IPS officer YP Singh that Arvind Kejriwal had hid facts about alleged corruption by Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
The IAC has issued a statement denying the charge. “This is wrong to say that we did not raise alleged corruption of Sharad Pawar, we did raise this in our July agitation and we have uploaded all the documents related to Sharad Pawar on our website, yesterdays press conference against Nitin Gadkari was announce few days back and it was known to everyone that it will be against Nitin Gadkari alleged corruption," the statement issued on Thursday evening said.
A statement posted in the Facebook account of India Against Corruption alleged that Pawar has misused his position and has severe charges of graft against him.
"IAC has been saying this since long. Sharad Pawar was also one of the 15 ministers against whom Kejriwal, Sisodia and Gopal Rai were on fast for 10 days at Jantar Mantar from July 25.
"The charges against Sharad Pawar have once again been proved by Y P Singh. IAC congratulates Singh for his courage to speak up against such a powerful minister," it said.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led grouping said the issue should be confined to the Lavasa scam and not taken as a "Arvind Kejriwal vs Y P Singh war".
IAC activist Manish Sisodia said they congratulate Singh on making these "revelations" and it is good if corrupt political big shots are exposed.
"We don`t exactly know why Y P Singh is saying so that we did not reveal documents against Sharad Pawar. He is a very good friend of ours. There is nothing like this,” he added.
"I think this issue should be confined to Sharad Pawar scam instead of taking it as Arvind Kejriwal vs Y P Singh war," Sisodia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM