IAC has `dubious` foreign funding: BJP mouthpiece
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal`s Indian Against Corruption (IAC) has "dubious" foreign funding and his allegations against BJP president Nitin Gadkari were at the behest of his "masters", party mouthpiece `Kamal Sandesh` has alleged, a charge rejected by the social activist.
The editorial of the latest edition of Kamal Sandesh has alleged that Kejriwal has taken a "supari (contract)" from foreign sources and demanded that the Manmohan Singh government investigate the matter.
"After ruining the Anna Andolan and in pursuit of its naked ambition, Team Kejriwal is involved in a conspiracy to create suspicion about `democracy` and by doing so it is definitely playing into the hands of those who have no attachment either to India or Bharat Mata," the article said.
Kejriwal had recently alleged that Gadkari`s Purti Group has bought farmers` land at cheap rates from the government and also got irrigation water from the dam in Gosikhurd area of Vidarbha diverted to his sugar factory.
"The main game of Kejriwal may be related to funding. The thing to be known is whether the funds belong to India or to the forces which want to weaken the country," the publication said.
The editorial alleged that Kejriwal had distorted Gadkari`s words in his bid to earn respect by highlighting the shortcomings of others.
"One who could not remain loyal to Anna, how can he be loyal to the nation? He is engaged in digging holes in democracy with the help of foreign funds. Kejriwal has perhaps forgotten that democracy is deeply entrenched in the soul and body of the nation," it said.
Kejriwal has refuted these allegations and asked the BJP to come clean on its funding in the last ten years.
"They have said we are being foreign funded. The list of all the donors to this movement is on our website. I challenge BJP, if they have the guts and courage, let BJP put the list of all the donors to the party for the last ten years," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert