IAC has `dubious` foreign funding: BJP mouthpiece
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal`s Indian Against Corruption (IAC) has "dubious" foreign funding and his allegations against BJP president Nitin Gadkari were at the behest of his "masters", party mouthpiece `Kamal Sandesh` has alleged, a charge rejected by the social activist.
The editorial of the latest edition of Kamal Sandesh has alleged that Kejriwal has taken a "supari (contract)" from foreign sources and demanded that the Manmohan Singh government investigate the matter.
"After ruining the Anna Andolan and in pursuit of its naked ambition, Team Kejriwal is involved in a conspiracy to create suspicion about `democracy` and by doing so it is definitely playing into the hands of those who have no attachment either to India or Bharat Mata," the article said.
Kejriwal had recently alleged that Gadkari`s Purti Group has bought farmers` land at cheap rates from the government and also got irrigation water from the dam in Gosikhurd area of Vidarbha diverted to his sugar factory.
"The main game of Kejriwal may be related to funding. The thing to be known is whether the funds belong to India or to the forces which want to weaken the country," the publication said.
The editorial alleged that Kejriwal had distorted Gadkari`s words in his bid to earn respect by highlighting the shortcomings of others.
"One who could not remain loyal to Anna, how can he be loyal to the nation? He is engaged in digging holes in democracy with the help of foreign funds. Kejriwal has perhaps forgotten that democracy is deeply entrenched in the soul and body of the nation," it said.
Kejriwal has refuted these allegations and asked the BJP to come clean on its funding in the last ten years.
"They have said we are being foreign funded. The list of all the donors to this movement is on our website. I challenge BJP, if they have the guts and courage, let BJP put the list of all the donors to the party for the last ten years," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark