IAC to dig up graft cases on Chhattisgarh politicians
Raipur:India Against Corruption (IAC) has asked its cadre in Chhattisgarh to compile records of alleged cases of corruption against key leaders of the state`s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party as well as the opposition Congress, a senior member of the outfit said Wednesday.
"IAC member Manish Sisodia held a lengthy discussion with the Chhattisgarh unit of the IAC Tuesday and emphasised the importance of expanding the base of the IAC in the state to the district and block levels," a senior IAC member said.
Sisodia, the source said, advised IAC members to compile whatever proof possible of the involvement, if any, of leaders of the BJP and the Congress in mining and land deals.
Sisodia, who addressed the media Tuesday at the end of his one-day trip to the mineral-rich state, said, "Corruption is the root cause behind the Maoist problem plaguing Chhattisgarh."
"The moment corruption in the government machinery and among leaders of the state is uprooted, the problem of Maoist violence will end," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Have you ever encountered death? These people did and were lucky to survive it – Watch
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open