IAC to dig up graft cases on Chhattisgarh politicians
Raipur:India Against Corruption (IAC) has asked its cadre in Chhattisgarh to compile records of alleged cases of corruption against key leaders of the state`s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party as well as the opposition Congress, a senior member of the outfit said Wednesday.
"IAC member Manish Sisodia held a lengthy discussion with the Chhattisgarh unit of the IAC Tuesday and emphasised the importance of expanding the base of the IAC in the state to the district and block levels," a senior IAC member said.
Sisodia, the source said, advised IAC members to compile whatever proof possible of the involvement, if any, of leaders of the BJP and the Congress in mining and land deals.
Sisodia, who addressed the media Tuesday at the end of his one-day trip to the mineral-rich state, said, "Corruption is the root cause behind the Maoist problem plaguing Chhattisgarh."
"The moment corruption in the government machinery and among leaders of the state is uprooted, the problem of Maoist violence will end," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen