IAC to dig up graft cases on Chhattisgarh politicians
Raipur:India Against Corruption (IAC) has asked its cadre in Chhattisgarh to compile records of alleged cases of corruption against key leaders of the state`s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party as well as the opposition Congress, a senior member of the outfit said Wednesday.
"IAC member Manish Sisodia held a lengthy discussion with the Chhattisgarh unit of the IAC Tuesday and emphasised the importance of expanding the base of the IAC in the state to the district and block levels," a senior IAC member said.
Sisodia, the source said, advised IAC members to compile whatever proof possible of the involvement, if any, of leaders of the BJP and the Congress in mining and land deals.
Sisodia, who addressed the media Tuesday at the end of his one-day trip to the mineral-rich state, said, "Corruption is the root cause behind the Maoist problem plaguing Chhattisgarh."
"The moment corruption in the government machinery and among leaders of the state is uprooted, the problem of Maoist violence will end," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa