`IAC trying to fool people by its internal probe`
New Delhi: The government on Friday categorically rejected the internal probe ordered by RTI activist-politician Arvind Kejriwal against three India Against Corruption (IAC) activists, terming the move as an attempt to fool countrymen.
“The IAC is trying to fool the people of this country. How can one order an internal probe against his own members. What are they trying to prove. All this shows the madness of these people,” Minister of State (MoS) for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy said while reacting to Kejriwal’s announcement.
Addressing a press conference later, Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari also slammed IAC activist Arvind Kejriwal for unilaterally announcing an internal probe against three IAC members- Mayank Gandhi, Anjali Damania and prashant Bhushan.
“We know this from the very beginning that IAC is the team B of the main opposition party BJP, “ Tiwari alleged.
The reaction from the centre and the Congress party came shortly after Kejriwal set up a three-member panel of retired judges to probe graft charges against three IAC members.
The three IAC members also welcomed the organisation`s decision to set up a three-member panel of retired judges to probe the charges against them, and said they were ready to face any probe.
"We are ready to face any probe. If the probe finds us guilty, we will quit," Gandhi and Damania told reporters here.
"I am legally a farmer and have documents to prove it," Damania said. "I have not done any `benami` transactions," she said, referring to questions about her land deals.
"We have nothing to hide. The probe will clear everything," said Gandhi, facing allegations of having links with builders.
Earlier in the day, Kejriwal said it has been alleged that Prashant Bhushan has done irregularities in buying land in Himachal Pradesh, Mayank Gandhi has links with builders, and questions have been raised against Anjali Damania`s land deals in Maharashtra.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared