`IAC trying to fool people by its internal probe`
New Delhi: The government on Friday categorically rejected the internal probe ordered by RTI activist-politician Arvind Kejriwal against three India Against Corruption (IAC) activists, terming the move as an attempt to fool countrymen.
“The IAC is trying to fool the people of this country. How can one order an internal probe against his own members. What are they trying to prove. All this shows the madness of these people,” Minister of State (MoS) for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy said while reacting to Kejriwal’s announcement.
Addressing a press conference later, Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari also slammed IAC activist Arvind Kejriwal for unilaterally announcing an internal probe against three IAC members- Mayank Gandhi, Anjali Damania and prashant Bhushan.
“We know this from the very beginning that IAC is the team B of the main opposition party BJP, “ Tiwari alleged.
The reaction from the centre and the Congress party came shortly after Kejriwal set up a three-member panel of retired judges to probe graft charges against three IAC members.
The three IAC members also welcomed the organisation`s decision to set up a three-member panel of retired judges to probe the charges against them, and said they were ready to face any probe.
"We are ready to face any probe. If the probe finds us guilty, we will quit," Gandhi and Damania told reporters here.
"I am legally a farmer and have documents to prove it," Damania said. "I have not done any `benami` transactions," she said, referring to questions about her land deals.
"We have nothing to hide. The probe will clear everything," said Gandhi, facing allegations of having links with builders.
Earlier in the day, Kejriwal said it has been alleged that Prashant Bhushan has done irregularities in buying land in Himachal Pradesh, Mayank Gandhi has links with builders, and questions have been raised against Anjali Damania`s land deals in Maharashtra.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why