IAF alive to new security challenges: Naik
Bagdogra: IAF is alive to security
challenges thrown up by rapidly changing regional and global
political dynamics and is fast emerging as a strategic
aerospace force, Air Force chief P V Naik said on Wednesday.
"The regional and global political dynamics are
changing rapidly. This needs greater vigil and preparation by
the defence forces to neutralise a variety of security
challenges. The IAF is alive to the changing threat scenario
and is fast emerging as a strategic aerospace force," Air
Chief Marshal Naik told a press conference here in north
Naik said that IAF`s response mechanism was being
upgraded constantly through the induction of cutting edge
technologies and training of personnel.
Some major acquisition and upgradation programmes were
already in progress and some more were in the pipeline, he
Earlier, addressing the annual Station Commanders`
Conference of the Eastern Air Command, Naik outlined the
internal and external security scenarios and emphasised that a
large number of inductions were taking place.
These needed enhanced infrastructural development and
training facilities for faster adoption of newly inducted
equipment, he said.
On modernisation plans in the EAC area, Naik said an
empowered committee under the chairmanship of the vice-chief
of air staff is continuously monitoring the upgradation of
facilities, creation of new infrastructure and induction of
assets in the region.
Stating that the EAC shouldered a big responsibility,
considering that it shared the maximum borders with other
countries, he said, "The Eastern Air Command had always played
a pro-active role in defending our skies."
He informed the commanders that the IAF was moving
forward to be totally net-centric and stressed the need for
achieving an accident-free environment while exhorting the top
officers to put in their best to safeguard operational
areas concerned and the air space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3