IAF andArmy engaged in War preparedness drill
Shillong: In a war preparedness drill, Indian
Air Force and Indian Army are engaged in an exercise to test
their combat potentials along the border with China, defence
officials said on Friday.
Code named `Pralay`, the joint exercise commenced on
Wednesday in the valley of Arunachal Pradesh, the officials
"The exercises are being conducted day and night with
long range bombing missions simulating deep strikes in enemy
The Air Force jets were engaged in bombing missions at air
to ground ranges under dense air defence environment,
IAF`s Su 30 MKI, Mirage-2000, Mig-29, Jaguar, Bison,
Mi-17, AN-32, C-130, AWACS and flight refueling aircraft and
remotely piloted aircraft were used in the exercise.
Defence officials said, "advance technologies and changed
pattern of operations necessitated the forces to go for this
"Lessons learnt from this exercise will be incorporated in
future operational strategies," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends