IAF andArmy engaged in War preparedness drill
Shillong: In a war preparedness drill, Indian
Air Force and Indian Army are engaged in an exercise to test
their combat potentials along the border with China, defence
officials said on Friday.
Code named `Pralay`, the joint exercise commenced on
Wednesday in the valley of Arunachal Pradesh, the officials
"The exercises are being conducted day and night with
long range bombing missions simulating deep strikes in enemy
The Air Force jets were engaged in bombing missions at air
to ground ranges under dense air defence environment,
IAF`s Su 30 MKI, Mirage-2000, Mig-29, Jaguar, Bison,
Mi-17, AN-32, C-130, AWACS and flight refueling aircraft and
remotely piloted aircraft were used in the exercise.
Defence officials said, "advance technologies and changed
pattern of operations necessitated the forces to go for this
"Lessons learnt from this exercise will be incorporated in
future operational strategies," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi