IAF assures Arunachal on renovation of ALGs
Itanagar: Renovation of eight Advanced Landing Grounds (ALGs) and other airfields in Arunachal Pradesh will be expedited to make them operational for defence and civilian use.
The assurance was given by Air Vice Marshal Prabin Bhat from Shillong based Eastern Air Command when he along with other officers from Air Force called on Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki here Wednesday, official sources said here on Thursday.
Assuring the Chief Minister to expedite the renovation of ALGs at Tuting, Walong, Daporijo, Menchuka, Pasighat, Tezu, Vijoynagar and Ziro taken over by the Defence Ministry in 2008, Bhat sought the cooperation of the state administration, sources said.
Of the eight ALGs, the one situated in Vijaynagar in Changlang district along the China border was made operational and inaugurated by former Governor J J Singh on November 18, 2011, after an AN-32 transport carrier of the IAF landed there in its inaugural flight, while work on other ALGs were progressing at a fast pace.
While taking part in a calling attention motion on Chinese incursions raised by Laeta Umbrey in the state Assembly on Tuesday last, Tuki had categorically mentioned that the non-operative ALGs are being made operational while airports would be developed in many district headquarters, including the green field airport at Itanagar for improving the air connectivity of this land-locked state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof