IAF assures Arunachal on renovation of ALGs
Itanagar: Renovation of eight Advanced Landing Grounds (ALGs) and other airfields in Arunachal Pradesh will be expedited to make them operational for defence and civilian use.
The assurance was given by Air Vice Marshal Prabin Bhat from Shillong based Eastern Air Command when he along with other officers from Air Force called on Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki here Wednesday, official sources said here on Thursday.
Assuring the Chief Minister to expedite the renovation of ALGs at Tuting, Walong, Daporijo, Menchuka, Pasighat, Tezu, Vijoynagar and Ziro taken over by the Defence Ministry in 2008, Bhat sought the cooperation of the state administration, sources said.
Of the eight ALGs, the one situated in Vijaynagar in Changlang district along the China border was made operational and inaugurated by former Governor J J Singh on November 18, 2011, after an AN-32 transport carrier of the IAF landed there in its inaugural flight, while work on other ALGs were progressing at a fast pace.
While taking part in a calling attention motion on Chinese incursions raised by Laeta Umbrey in the state Assembly on Tuesday last, Tuki had categorically mentioned that the non-operative ALGs are being made operational while airports would be developed in many district headquarters, including the green field airport at Itanagar for improving the air connectivity of this land-locked state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Sushma Swaraj lashes out at Nawaz Sharif, says Pakistan will never succeed in making Kashmir a 'terror hell'
- Rajnath begins Kashmir visit, curfew lifted in parts of Valley
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg trumps Lewis Hamilton in Hungaroring chaos
- Scientists produce rare wood bison calves through IVF
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting