IAF assures Arunachal on renovation of ALGs
Itanagar: Renovation of eight Advanced Landing Grounds (ALGs) and other airfields in Arunachal Pradesh will be expedited to make them operational for defence and civilian use.
The assurance was given by Air Vice Marshal Prabin Bhat from Shillong based Eastern Air Command when he along with other officers from Air Force called on Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki here Wednesday, official sources said here on Thursday.
Assuring the Chief Minister to expedite the renovation of ALGs at Tuting, Walong, Daporijo, Menchuka, Pasighat, Tezu, Vijoynagar and Ziro taken over by the Defence Ministry in 2008, Bhat sought the cooperation of the state administration, sources said.
Of the eight ALGs, the one situated in Vijaynagar in Changlang district along the China border was made operational and inaugurated by former Governor J J Singh on November 18, 2011, after an AN-32 transport carrier of the IAF landed there in its inaugural flight, while work on other ALGs were progressing at a fast pace.
While taking part in a calling attention motion on Chinese incursions raised by Laeta Umbrey in the state Assembly on Tuesday last, Tuki had categorically mentioned that the non-operative ALGs are being made operational while airports would be developed in many district headquarters, including the green field airport at Itanagar for improving the air connectivity of this land-locked state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know