IAF book showcases force`s humanitarian efforts
New Delhi: To showcase its role in
counter-terrorism operations and humanitarian efforts, Indian
Air Force (IAF) on Thursday launched a coffee-table book titled `So
That Others May Live`.
The book, released by IAF chief Air Chief Marshal P V
Naik in presence of Marshal of the IAF Arjan Singh, is a
compilation of photographs and notes on various humanitarian
operations conducted by the force over the last six decades
"We thought to publish a book which have photographs
and description of the activities other than the offensive
roles performed by IAF since 1947," ACM Naik said while
interacting with reporters after launching the book.
The book contains photos of IAF helicopters dropping
National Security Guards (NSG) commandos on the roof of Taj
Mahal Hotel during 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
It also showcases the IAF`s air-maintenance operations
in North-East and Siachen glacier.
"So far, we have had sufficient publicity of our armed
forces on basis of their military strength. But people don`t
know that the IAF performs its roles in nation building,
humanitarian assistance and disaster management also," Naik
To popularise the book, the IAF chief said it will be
put on the IAF website also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out! Katrina Kaif's realistic take on friendships in Bollywood
- London’s Golders Green station closed due to security alert over abandoned car
- Shocking! Heartbreaking video of babies born addicted to drugs - Watch
- Shiv Sena rues breakdown in communication with BJP, blames generational shift in party
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next