IAF celebrates Air Force day in style
Hindon, Uttar Pradesh: The Indian Air Force (IAF) Friday celebrated 78 years of its existence with an elaborate parade and aerobatics display at the air base here.
On display were MIG-21s, MIG-29s, Jaguars, Mirage 2000s, and Sukhoi-30 MkIs and helicopters.
The celebration at the Hindon airbase, close to the national capital, was marked by aerobatics by the Sarang Advanced Light Helicopter team followed by synchronised low level manoeuvring by the Surya Kiran Aerobatics Team (SKAT).
The air show was coordinated with precision from five different bases like Ambala, Halwara and Adampur of the New Delhi-based Western Air Command.
The IAF was founded on Oct 8, 1932 as a tactical force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video