IAF celebrates Air Force day in style
Hindon, Uttar Pradesh: The Indian Air Force (IAF) Friday celebrated 78 years of its existence with an elaborate parade and aerobatics display at the air base here.
On display were MIG-21s, MIG-29s, Jaguars, Mirage 2000s, and Sukhoi-30 MkIs and helicopters.
The celebration at the Hindon airbase, close to the national capital, was marked by aerobatics by the Sarang Advanced Light Helicopter team followed by synchronised low level manoeuvring by the Surya Kiran Aerobatics Team (SKAT).
The air show was coordinated with precision from five different bases like Ambala, Halwara and Adampur of the New Delhi-based Western Air Command.
The IAF was founded on Oct 8, 1932 as a tactical force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH