IAF celebrates Air Force day in style
Hindon, Uttar Pradesh: The Indian Air Force (IAF) Friday celebrated 78 years of its existence with an elaborate parade and aerobatics display at the air base here.
On display were MIG-21s, MIG-29s, Jaguars, Mirage 2000s, and Sukhoi-30 MkIs and helicopters.
The celebration at the Hindon airbase, close to the national capital, was marked by aerobatics by the Sarang Advanced Light Helicopter team followed by synchronised low level manoeuvring by the Surya Kiran Aerobatics Team (SKAT).
The air show was coordinated with precision from five different bases like Ambala, Halwara and Adampur of the New Delhi-based Western Air Command.
The IAF was founded on Oct 8, 1932 as a tactical force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren