IAF chief Arup Raha met PM Modi, briefs him on operational preparedness of force
New Delhi: IAF chief Arup Raha on Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and is believed to have briefed him on the operational preparedness of the force.
The IAF chief called on the Prime Minister and is believed to have given him an account of the preparedness of the force and its requirements in the future.
The IAF is ready with a detailed presentation for the new Government on its requirements which include the earliest possible acquisition of 126 Rafale multi-role combat aircraft along with light utility choppers.
The deal has been stuck for the last two years and in view of the delays in getting new planes, the IAF has been forced to continue operating its vintage MiG-series aircraft, which have been frequently meeting with accidents.
The force is also facing shortage of light utility choppers in view of scrapped tenders and stuck deals in view of bribery allegations against the participating vendors and officers involved in the trial procedures.
Raha has already briefed Defence Minister Arun Jaitley on the operational preparedness of the force and the support required by it from the Government for strengthening its capabilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi